Home Technical Talk

Intuos drivers in Win7 64-bit: Individual app settings ignored?

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
I can't seem to find anything useful through google, or at least nothing conclusive. I've recently gone from Windows 7 RC (32-bit) to Windows 7 64-bit, and I can't for the life of me get the custom app settings to work with the intuos. Specifically the display mapping.

I have two displays: my laptop screen, and a 22-inch LCD. In the wacom settings, I can get the "All"/"All Other" mappings to stick (monitor 1, monitor 2, all; Force proportions). However, adding an app to the list and setting a mapping not only doesn't stick, it ignores all settings (eg, even if I have "Force proportions" set in "All other", it reverts to using the entire tablet (meaning wonky circles).

Has anyone else had this issue? Any way to fix it if so? I'm using the latest driver (6.15-3a), though I've tried the previous one as well (6.14-3). Haven't tried rolling back earlier, but my pre-64bit setup was using 6.14-3.

For clarity, custom app settings were working in my previous install (Win 7 32-bit RC, with Intuos driver 6.14-3)

Replies

• numo16
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    numo16 polycounter lvl 9
    The only issue i've had with my intuos and Win7 64-bit is that it doesn't keep my app settings, so I have to restore a backup of the settings every time I turn it on. If I had multi-monitors I would check your other bug, but just one monitor for me
  • hijak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    have you tried running the wacom config as administrator, ive not noticed this issue myself, and im on win 7 64 bit.

btw they just released a new driver on march 11th so maybe grab that.

sry i see that you are int he current version disregard that suggestion.

after testing it out with 1 monitor and 2 i cannot reporduce any of those errors. all my per app settings stick even custom mapping, and i tried it for like 5 or 6 apps. it even let me save profiles to each of my different pens.

Something i will mention is that when i first setup my tablet, the first tim ei used it i opened the wacom file preference utility. And in the middle is an option to remove all user profiles, and it has a little administrator icon on it.
    i just clicked that cause before i did so my tablet was not working properly, after that its worked flawlessly. Mayve you have to do this once on windows 7 or something to reset the files i have no idea but thats the only thing i can think that may be different between our 2 situations.
  • LoTekK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    Hmm, no luck yet. By the time I'd posted up the thread, I'd tried everything I could think of, including removing all prefs, uninstalling/reinstalling the driver, running the settings app in admin mode, rolling back the driver, unplugging and reconnecting the tablet. So far nada. Argh. I can't for the life of me figure out why this is happening. o_O
  • hijak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    try this. open services find this service Tablet PC Input Service set its startup type to disabled. and restart. once you setup your tablet save a profile and you should to go. and if it does not work you can always restore your profile. after like 5 days my tablet finally started giving me issues but its only a minor problem now.