Home Technical Talk

Max 2009 edit poly modifier

anyone else had a problem where moving edges or verts around, hit undo and the mesh goes bananas? my stack is literally editable poly as the root edit poly modifier on top of that and then a symmetry mod on top of that.

Its happened to me quite a few times and its pretty irritating i was wondering if anyone else had come across this problem and found a workaround? atm im just working on the bottom of my stack with just a symmetry modifier on top but i like to have it in an edit poly mod in case i mess up and want to start again at detailing the mesh.

max is crazy :poly122:

Replies

• Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
    I have a similar undo problem which happens whenever I shift-drag-scale a selection of edges on a single axis. The problem doesn't always become apparent until you undo, which could mess up things later on if you don't notice doing it.

So basically every time I shift-drag-scale a group of edges and misclick the gizmo to some single axis, I save a new iteration and restart max because I know its gonna mess up my undo history.

Its one of the many 3d max bugs I've gotten used to living with :(
  • mLichy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I get issues with my translations (move/rotate/scale) all of a sudden exponentally increasing with speed, even if I move really slowly. So then I have to restart max, because it's completely fucked.