Home General Discussion

Playstation Move

Replies

• hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    Xoliul wrote: »
    Yeah i agree, I'm so fucking unimpressed with Wii. I played Mariokart on it with a friend, which i used to love on the 64 (and still do), and just couldn't enjoy it, as it was close to uncontrollable. My friend was better because I guess she learnt how to anticipate the lag, but that sorta beats the point of making it more accessible...

I'll just stick with a regular controller for now.

what are you talking about? Although I don't like that game, the controller is using bluetooth to register movement, not IR. Explain to me how that can possibly have lag? I found it highly responsive and even shock horror, accurate.

you were just bad at the game, thats the hardware behind the controller.
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    rolfness wrote: »
    Playing FPS with a pad is retarded

That's funny tho - even if I agree that FPSes are more accurate on the PC with mouse and KB, I find them much more relaxing on consoles... (when they are thought out for a console control scheme obviously!) Black, Mirrors Edge - they both felt fantastic with a controller in hands!
  • DarthNater
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarthNater polycounter lvl 10
    hawken wrote: »
    what are you talking about? Although I don't like that game, the controller is using bluetooth to register movement, not IR. Explain to me how that can possibly have lag? I found it highly responsive and even shock horror, accurate.

you were just bad at the game, thats the hardware behind the controller.

+1, We can't blame the hardware for it's unresponsiveness. It's either the player or the shitty game (Tiger Woods 08 FTW!)
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    I credit the lag to the tv aswell, this is why there's a lag-setting in games like guitarhero.

in this scenario where you see yourself and expect a 1:1 movement, down to the millisecond, and you can even compare it visually, its easier to notice.

in some random action game running at <30fps you usually forget about it. usually...

Tv's were designed to show you non-interactive stuff, so it didn't matter much how long it would take for that image to reach the screen, as long as it was in sync with the audio.

Just connect an old nintendo to a crt, and then connect it to some new lcd tv, you'll notice some horrible input delay.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I was horribly unimpressed by the Wii, I'm no longer interested in motion control.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    pior wrote: »
    That's funny tho - even if I agree that FPSes are more accurate on the PC with mouse and KB, I find them much more relaxing on consoles... (when they are thought out for a console control scheme obviously!) Black, Mirrors Edge - they both felt fantastic with a controller in hands!

I should have been more specific shooters was what I meant.. killzone two on PS3 was pretty but I couldnt play it.. I did play mirrors edge on PS3 and loved it thought it was a fantastic game
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    jesus christ, sony is such a bunch of FUCKING noobs.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AO0F5sLdVM[/ame]
    THERE. 1:1 motion sensing. in 3 dimensions.
    now put that thing on a stick, grab the SDK, and go make motion sensor games.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    cool! you can make a game called headbanging hero !!!!!