Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Monk - WIP

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Lavitz polycounter lvl 12
Monk___WIP_by_Leviathan_Ryder.png

WIP for my character modeling class, We have a week to update our model and include a normal map.

This character is a monk of a deaf, dumb, and blind race. They support most of their weight with their arms.

Please critique my work and I will try and update daily with the changes I have made.

Replies

• gammaslam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    whats on his head? do you have any pre-pro?
  • Lavitz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gammaslam wrote: »
    whats on his head? do you have any pre-pro?
    This is a close up with his head, He has a head band over his forehead, and has deep indents where eyes would be.

HeadCloseup.png?t=1268862388

by Pre-Pro do you mean pre-production cause I can scan in my early sketches of his head if you want.
  • Lavitz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Untitled-1-1.jpg?t=1269357802

I got some really nice advice on another thread, I thought I would post my progress so far.

Any advice/critique will be much appreciated.
  • polozad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    polozad polycounter lvl 9
    You have at least one rough anatomy mistake:

monkwipbyleviathanryder.png
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    Your project is in dire need of serious anatomical research, stylized or not. You also have wasted polys across your entire character. Is there going to be any animation in his face? If so, he also doesn't have proper loops for the deformation.
  • Lavitz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I appreciate the replies and critiques, the timing is more of an issue. I have class tomorrow after noon and 2 other finals between then.

I agree the character needs more anatomical correction with specific muscle groups on the arms. The face is not going to be animated since this character is deaf, dumb, and blind he is also emotionless.

The emphasis is on his arms, if he was going to be animated that is where most of his movement would be. I need to improve his poly flow, but most of all I need to fix his arms.

for a tri limit of 16k I think I kind of hit the underside, I tried to focus most of his geometry on his arms, but I really should have put more research into the biceps and triceps area.

Thank you very much for the visual example Polozad.