Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

LigerNekoka's Works-in-Progress

Hey, there. My name's Carly and I'm a student at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh, in the Game Art & Design program.

To be honest, my 3D modeling isn't as good as it should be. I have about 3 or more quarters (until the end of this year) before I graduate and I'm still learning a lot of fundamentals.

One technique that's really becoming stressful for me is character modeling. I'm still learning how to model a character with proper edge loops and form without having an obscene amount of unnecessary tris/polys.

So, without further ado, I present my current work-in-progress: Apebraham. This is a simple character I designed recently. He needs more iterations until something more unique shows, but I didn't take the time to do that since I had to model him for a class assignment. *shrug* If you have any concerns, critiques or whatever on his design, don't hesitate, but I'm mostly looking for feedback on my model.

Here's a link to his model sheet (still learning to do good model sheets): http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/072/e/e/Apebraham_Model_Sheet_by_LigerNekoka.jpg

And here's screenshots of his model.

The model consists of different parts. The hair is on a different layer, so I can hide it quickly if needed. They'll have opacity maps. The glasses have a plane behind them, which I'm going to put a transparent gradient on. The plane in place of his pupil/eye will be an opacity map, as well.

Thanks in advance!

apebraham_screenshots.jpg