Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First 3D Modeling Class

[Deleted User]
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
[Deleted User] polycounter lvl 9
So this is my first big project, im a GAD major at AISD. This took 11 weeks, be aware first time modeling ever AND texturing

done.jpg

Replies

• PredatorGSR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PredatorGSR polycounter lvl 14
    Thats pretty good for your first project. If you add a specular and normal map, it will make a huge difference.
  • duxun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DO IT !!! don't stop practicing !!! post on here and get feed back as much as you can ... so you can get better brother!
  • gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    For your first project..thats pretty good!

The main thing that could use improvement here is your textures. It looks like several of the textures were just thrown together. Its hard to tell what parts are supposed to be made out of.

The pipe with the metal/round holes carrys on to the extruded parts of the pipe. I would expect these to be solid, and not the same kind of material.

You have rust on the metal, but the placement of it doesn't make any sense. It just looks random. Usually rust will start in corners, or on the edge of the metal, not right in the middle.

When you texture, just try to think of how the model would be in real life, and how it would wear over time.

Hope this helps. Just keep practicing!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] polycounter lvl 9
    turned it in today

Screenshot.jpg
  • KateC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KateC polycounter lvl 7
    Aw, Adventure Time avatar.

Also, it's pretty good! The green on the tree vs the grass could complement one another a little better, and the stretching on the grass could be tweaked, but overall it's not too shabby. :)
  • Baj Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baj Singh polycounter lvl 9
    Very good for your first attempt. However, I would have spent a little more time on your pedastal and overall presentation to really give your final image a kick.
  • Progg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Progg polycounter lvl 11
    For future reference, I would agree with the others and say that a good portion of time should definitely be allotted for final presentation as it usually makes or breaks a piece. I think the lighting is a bit too ambient and neutralizes most of the contrast in the shadows. (contrast is your friend) Also the greens and brown of the pedestal are far too saturated and bright compared to your tank so it is actually pulling the eye away from the piece and onto the secondary stuff.

Great first job though... I cant even stand to look at my beginner stuff :)