Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

HK MP5

Hey guys and girls have made something that i think is quite good but i cant judge myself so please tell me what you think please crit, ideas whatever you feel that has to be said please let me know thanks

weaponscene1.jpgWill be trying to make better stuff i know this aint really good but its a start hopefully one day will make Jaw-Droping Models :) please comment thanks.

Replies

• Ghostscape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13
    You need to light this better, its very dark. The diffuse map looks to be flat colors, and the brownish look makes it look like its built of wood, and AFAIK these are usually a black matte plastic.

The scale on your scene props seem to be very out of whack with the gun itself.
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    In regards to scale, you may want to consider putting in a dummy to use as a reference, the gun as far as I remember is not that big. Meanwhile some wires and a neutral grey background will tell us more about what you have there.

There are also lot's of other MP5s posted on this forum you can search for for better presentation and ideas.
  • gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Your lighting is making it hard to really get a good look at the gun itself. Could we just get some screenshots of the gun by itself? Wireframe would also be nice as well.

Its hard to say much since all of the detail is too dark to see, but the shape of your gun looks about right. The whole thing just looks so bare.

It looks like you have a little nub on the barrel for a cocking handle, but the tube isn't visible at all.

The forearm/flashlight attachment are bare as well. The texture does look like a solid color, you would want to add a pin that attaches it to the gun.

To make this a really good model you will want to match this as close to the real thing as possible, so grab some reference, and add every detail there is.
  • Rock Bottom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    here is the MP5 Model normal and wireframe

fullc.jpgwireframeg.jpgnormal2g.jpgwireframe2.jpgnormal3e.jpgwireframe3.jpgnormal4o.jpgwireframe4.jpgnormal6b.jpgwireframe5.jpg
  • gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok, so that thing is made out of a bazillian polies...are those wireframes from a smoothed model?

I'm under the assumption this is a model meant for videogames.

Your gun has a lot of extra geometry that adds nothing to the silhouette. I'm glad to see that the pieces I mentioned previously do exist, but things thing needs a lot of work.

Honestly, all those extra edges are really hurting you in the long run, as it makes it harder to edit the model, and it will make things look lumpy.

So first of all..are the wire frames from the smoothed model? Lets see it without the smooth.
  • Rock Bottom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok i will paste them but there might be a slight problem because i had just started knowing about TurboSmooth Tool after i had done the model and well some parts are all Smoothed out :( but i will remove the smooth from the ones i managed to leave Unsmoothed. Is there a way to Unsmooth the already Smoothed out Messes?
  • Rock Bottom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok here goes once again srry fr these million posts of the same thing i know can get boring
    but here is the model without the Smoothing lucky i had the low poly stored just in case :D

normal1o.jpgwireframe1.jpgnormal2i.jpgwireframe2.jpgnormal3t.jpgnormal4s.jpgwireframe4.jpgnormal5v.jpgwireframe5.jpgnormal6.jpgwireframe6.jpg
    And once again we are here lol srry again fr such a hassle but yeah this is it