Home General Discussion

Your gaming "guilty pleasures"

Replies

• MegaMoogle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MegaMoogle polycounter lvl 9
    Final Fantasy X-2, I admit it. u.u But it's not because of the story, that gameplay is so much fun, especially with all the mini games I couldn't stop playing. Oh, and before anyone accuses me of being gay, I'm a girl. So there. :P
  • TheMadArtist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheMadArtist polycounter lvl 12
    I frequently play this:
    http://www.foddy.net/Athletics.html

The stupidest/greatest game ever.
  • OrganizedChaos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OrganizedChaos polycounter lvl 17
    I have the strangest ability to always enjoy fishing in video games. I've never liked pure fishing games, but something like in ocarina of time, I was so proud of what I caught. I was also one of the only people I knew that had max fishing in WoW before the change. I fish in torchlight just to see what I can catch, not even to use them... this all leads to my next guilty pleasure, harvest moon.
    I don't know why I play the harvest moon games, but I make most of my money fishing :X
    Rune Factory was pretty amazing - reminded me of azure dreams (anyone ever play that?)
  • Karmageddon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Karmageddon polycounter lvl 7
    Princess Debut. It's the most generic game when it comes to girly-ness. Lots of pink and curly UI, get to pick your outfits and your boyfriends as to who you will take with you to the ball. The music is good though and the graphics are well done for the system. I've played through this one more than I'd like to admit:

4461026390_d6ed774ca7_o.jpg

It's pretty much a watered-down Elite Beat Agents. Even hard mode doesn't compare to EBA's difficulty.
  • MattQ86
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MattQ86 polycounter lvl 15
    I liked BloodRayne as a good B-movie type game which evoked every sort of cliche of the games I grew up playing. Yeah the concept of sexy vampire lady fighting nazis sometimes with mechs isn't going to advance games as art, but then again this was the first PC game I ever played:

1669-1.jpg

Sometimes it's just really rewarding to play something that's just dumb fun.
  • Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    Normally, when I like a game, it is because I believe it is deserving in some way. And I'm usually right.

So though I say Pokemon Snap, I wasn't really embarrased by it. It wasn't really a guilty pleasure. The same is true of Hunter Hunted. That was a good game, which just had some thematic flaws and sub-par art.

But then I remembered one game that could definitely be considered a guilty pleasure. Spiderman Cartoon Maker. It was essentially just a toolbox for putting together extremely quick-and-dirty cartoons with pre-made assets. But it would let you record your audio over the cartoons you made, as well as record any "painting" you did at the same time. My brothers and I would have hours of fun just sitting around the computer coming up with absolutely ridiculous Spiderman cartoons. I only wish we had saved some of them, we could have put them on YouTube.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    hahaha awesome :) I don't have much shame, but a few guilty pleasures:

- World of Warcraft
    - Locoroco

if i owned DOA: Beach Volleyball, that'd be there too.
  • Cyrael
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cyrael polycounter lvl 10
    well since no one has mentioned this one I'll throw it in the mix..

I was really into maple story for like 3 months.
  • achillesian
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    Counter Strike and now Source, I have been playing that game for 10 yrs now, small breaks but I always go back to it. Usually i dont stop playing on a new server until they call me a cheater, then im ok and leave when it fits.

But saying i like CS is getting me bad Wibes here in Sweden. :P
  • divi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    divi polycounter lvl 12
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
  • Master_v12
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Curve ball... Get to level 8, I dare you!
  • xvampire
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    rasmus wrote: »
    Shining Force, Sega Genesis/MegaDrive:

-cancelled--20070321014127735.jpg

Good stuff.
    Loved this game back in the day. One of the few saving graces of owning a sega when all your buddies owned super nintendos.

I'd say free flash games of all types are my current vice, i'll play even the crappiest game for an hour or two if it's a tower defense or has a decent upgrade system.

Here's a game i played for entirely too long that i couldn't help but think i was too old for:

http://www.kongregate.com/games/noanoa/elona-shooter

Don't let its cute facade make you think it's easy, I HIGHLY suggest playing on casual, the difficulty ramps up fast.
  • Mezz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mezz polycounter lvl 8
    MegaMoogle wrote: »
    Final Fantasy X-2, I admit it. u.u But it's not because of the story, that gameplay is so much fun, especially with all the mini games I couldn't stop playing. Oh, and before anyone accuses me of being gay, I'm a girl. So there. :P

Hmmm... so is it a guilty plessure if I played it and DID enjoy the story? :P And uh... played through again right after to get that damn 100%? And made sure I got the good AND perfect ending? Because the first time I beat it and was all, I don't get Tidus back?!?!? (Even though, as well, I really enjoyed all the gameplay). Does THAT make it a guilty plessure? If so, arrest me. :P (And am female too--still no space for gay jokes)

Another guilty plessure: Excite Truck for the Wii. This was one of the launch titles, I believe, and MAN is it fun! Ok, I admit this is one of those group-party-fun things. But when I'm with my friends and it gets whipped out, it pretty much becomes an OBSESSION for all of us.

I'd also say Dokapon Kingdom (probably because of the obsessive hours my friend and I have put into it) but then I think, this is no guilty plessure!! What the hell is wrong with all of YOU? Play this game!! PLAY IT!!! (with a friend of 3 :D)
  • LoTekK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    My friends and I used to have weekly Pump It Up sessions at the local Dave and Buster when I was living in Maryland.
  • MegaMoogle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MegaMoogle polycounter lvl 9
    Mezz wrote: »
    Hmmm... so is it a guilty plessure if I played it and DID enjoy the story? :P And uh... played through again right after to get that damn 100%? And made sure I got the good AND perfect ending? Because the first time I beat it and was all, I don't get Tidus back?!?!? (Even though, as well, I really enjoyed all the gameplay). Does THAT make it a guilty plessure? If so, arrest me. :P (And am female too--still no space for gay jokes)

Lol, I passed it at 100% too. Mating those monkeys was a damn good time. ;)

Another guilty pleasure, if it counts as one I suppose, is Katamari Damacy. I don't know why rolling up things into huge balls is so fun, but I can do it for hours.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    The WWE Raw vs. Smackdown franchise. And now that I work for THQ, I can get them for $15. Someone help me :(
  • Tristan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fallout 1,2 and Armed and Dangerous =D
  • Ahrkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ahrkey polycounter lvl 18
    Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe
    Mount & Blade

or any other non A3 title that wasn't released last week.

It feels as if alot of people think like an inverted version of "MEGA64: If you're not indie then f*** you!".

Seems like indie is the new geek since it's "cool" to be a gamer nowadays.
  • Peris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Peris polycounter lvl 17
    xvampire wrote: »

haha I've played hours and hours of this "game"
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    Mezz wrote: »
    Hmmm... so is it a guilty plessure if I played it and DID enjoy the story? :P And uh... played through again right after to get that damn 100%? And made sure I got the good AND perfect ending? Because the first time I beat it and was all, I don't get Tidus back?!?!?

you got to be frickin joking.. shit now I have to dig out the PS2 and play FFX AGAIn then buy X2 and play that till i get 100% -___________________-

guilty pleasures

Facebook games

especially

castle age and Starfleet Commander..

best games on ti imo.. join and add me bitches !
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    adam wrote: »
    The WWE Raw vs. Smackdown franchise. And now that I work for THQ, I can get them for $15. Someone help me :(

$15?! Why don't you get em for free?
  • Karmageddon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Karmageddon polycounter lvl 7
    Forgot to mention War of the Monsters!

4463454794_96571e061c_o.jpg

I used to play this a lot at a friend's house. Now I really want to pick up a copy...
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    adam wrote: »

OMG, Smackdown 2 on the PS2. Me and my buddies racked up almost 20 years of history on the co-op story mode. That was the best ever, it's a shame they went single player only on story mode after that.
  • sicsided
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Forgot to mention War of the Monsters!
    I used to play this a lot at a friend's house. Now I really want to pick up a copy...

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!! I still play it at least once every month. Along with basically anything else created by Incognito. I love me some Downhill Domination.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    Tony Hawk. Honestly they're so bad lately.
    Shitdamn.
    Also flash games I CANT HELP IT and I've played dating sim flash games FOR HOURS for some godawful reason.
    D:
    Also downhill domination and war of the monsters are amazing.
    Anyone else here played Robot Alchemic Drive?
  • BlackulaDZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So one of my suitemates walked in on me playing Odin Sphere the other day. went somethin like this:

Bro: "what the hell are you playing"
    Me: "Odin Sphere"
    Bro: "how do you spell that G - A - Y?!"
    Me: "Yo it's got awesome art direction and is well done"
    Bro: "Kill the queen of the forest fairies??!!? wtf?!?!"
    Me: "YEP"
    Bro: "gaaaaaaaaaay" *walks out*
  • MattQ86
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MattQ86 polycounter lvl 15
    OMG, Smackdown 2 on the PS2. Me and my buddies racked up almost 20 years of history on the co-op story mode. That was the best ever, it's a shame they went single player only on story mode after that.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTdI6RqCC54[/ame]

So many good memories of me and my friends going to the backstage areas and finding different things to jump off of...

@Karmageddon

I always wanted to play that but never got around to it. Looks like a 6th console generation King of the Monsters.
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    WoW

In and of itself is not really a GUILTY gaming addiction.

Until I tell people I play Alliance. Then I'm told to bow my head in shame.
  • monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    American Idol and Karaoke Revolution.

I can't sing though. Mostly the game quits before I'm done with the song.