Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Skinny Steampunk Man... WIP

First post of my work here, be as harsh as you want, im here to learn.

I've been working with a programmer to build a Character Editor so thought it would be good to post my progress here. Can't really show much of the editor yet but ill show my charatcer progress for the moment.

Oh should explain hes in a strange pose because he'll be chained up, maybe should of painted that...

concept2r.jpg

Might be quite a big image... concept art... not the best painter in the world but im learning.
Just showing examples of changes that can be made in the editor with clothes, colours etc. Lots of these images but they get a bit repetitive so ill just show a couple.

concepth.jpg

charactersu.jpg

Could lose a few polys around the hands and wrists still. Having to use alphas for the shirt because it needs to be a seperate object, allowing players to take it off etc. Problem is then I'm not sure how to add a thickness to the shirt to make it look like a material, might just have to let it be though unless you guys have any suggestions.

Not spent much time texturing yet, just wanted a basic texture down while I build the other bits and bobs around him.

Replies

• chrisradsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    I think it looks good, it's an interesting concept and pose. I like what you've got so far, I don't have that much to crit actually.
  • IEatApples
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks, Ill put up screenshots of the editor shortly, we basically just have the framework done for the moment though, and are having a few problems with mirrored normal maps and textures, but thats a coding problem.
  • roosterMAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    roosterMAP polycounter lvl 14
    Its interesting. But, given only the picture, i have no clue as to what it is. I can see it kinda looks like wings, but the machinery isnt dense enough to be sure.
  • IEatApples
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It will be machine type wings yea, torn cloth etc will be modelled in between the joints etc. I have other paints of it but can't post them at the moment as im in uni and my works at home. Originally the wings were going to be attatched to the spine like some weird experiment but I think im going to go with a belt approach.

Again the finally model will show more than the painting, was just putting my idea quickly down before I began modeling it.