Home General Discussion

The Area :: Autodesk - GameDev Zone

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
sama.van polycounter lvl 14
Hi!

I just come to do some publicity for a new GameDev Zone section on the Area :: Autodesk website.

It just started some minutes ago then maybe you should need to wait one or two days for fresh contents.

But you can already Fav' the page and follow the website daily, there are interesting interview from 3D artist and their experience in the industry.

You can access to the GameDev section from the main page :

http://area.autodesk.com/

Or directly with the following url :

http://area.autodesk.com/gamedev

(but please.... look look look background on the backside is mine ^_^.... happy happy!!)

Replies

• sama.van
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Damn zero answer? hahaha!

Anyway, here is my interview if you would like to know more about me :)

From the main page :

http://area.autodesk.com/

Or direct link :

http://area.autodesk.com/inhouse/bts/best_of_both_worlds_thomas_varoux

They also released few videos with demonstration of my melscript tools!
  • claydough
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    claydough polycounter lvl 10
    :thumbup:

Hey! thats a supercool article/interview. congratulations:D
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    sorry. the area is terrible to navigate. and i'm still pissed at it for completely destroying a really great XSI community.

but congrats. your work is very cool.
  • ikken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    area's layout designer is on some heavy crack

great interview, love the making-ofs at the end of the article too.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hate going to the Area because it's so slow, but that's a great interview. Great to see your Mel tools in action, and your workflow breakdowns. Nice work!
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    awesome dude! Thanks for sharing!
  • giyomu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    this pretty cool , a lot of nice model in here :))
    can't wait to finish shuriken XD...and see all moving n the iphone !
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    Cant really seem to recover my account from last time I used...*3 years ago* So I'll do that later.

Thanks for sharing however. :D
  • sama.van
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you guys! and do not hesitate to leave a message on the bottom of the interview! ^_^!!

About the new game section of the AREA, do not forget that community is sponsored by Autodesk...
    Then I think (and totaly my own opinion), to participate and to speak more about Autodesk`s products on their own community coul help to make more alive the communication between Autodesk and individual users from the game industry...

I am the first guy to say shit on Maya I am using 8h a day every days in the Technical section of Polycount, but this is like speaking to the wind...
    To tell the truth I also do it on the AREA but I am the only losing guy on their community... then...

To be a little more could help to move things better over there... I hope.... really....

What do you think about it guys?
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Huh, maybe I was wrong about the AREA forum being slow and unresponsive. It's quicker than I remember.

One thing that's been a bit of a put-off in the past is the absence of Autodesk personnel on the forums. The fact that it's only peer-to-peer makes it quite a contrast to all other companies' support forums. This tends to feels like a lack of direct communication, and ratchets up the discontent among users.

But it's still a great resource.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    What do I think? I think you are missing the entire software guide on it.

It is missing 3ds max and majority uses it here and some of them use maya. I'd strongly suggust you should add 3ds max tutorials for game arts and punch-ins (game programming) along with few other engines in it.

Overall the community is great!! and I replied to one of your threads regarding game platforms also. I'll see if I can find 3ds max tutorials for games and all and try to discuss it there.

Thanks for sharing.