Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

New Years in the Village!

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
So, being graduated and Unemployed and girlfriendless is pretty lame. So instead of doing nothing, I decided to update (and upgrade) my portfolio. .

So I found a few photos of some really wonderful looking river villages in China and Shanghai and decided to try to recreate it. Here is a mood board.

moodboard.jpg

Now, I did a rough block out with simple shapes to see how I would like to approach it in terms of Negative Space, placement, object size etc etc.

shanghai.jpg

Now basically, I would like some opinions because I'd really like to knock this out of the park. Some things I've noticed, is there is no real background element, unique building/shape or a focal point. So I'd like to try and figure that out in the next few days.. any ideas would rock. I'm still debating day or night. Daytime, I can get some nice pretty blue skies and show off the bold reds and golds. But a night time scene would set a pretty rad mood with the lanterns.. aah! Decisions. More to come..

Anyways. I posted this early on to keep me motivated, get critiqeed and not fall back. My dad always told me, doing nothing is the most dangerous thing a man can do.

Replies