Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Cobra/Hornet Vehicle for UT3

Hey Everyone,

Having discussed this elsewhere I am still not sure what name to give it, Hornet came to mind first, but there is already a UT3 mod bearing that, and Im not 100% on cobra either.

For one of our assignments at we had to create an original concept for a vehicle, but not to make things too impossible we were still allowed to base it on one of the vehicle classes currently in game.

I chose to do a vehicle that bore similarities to the Raptor, but was in essence a bigger brother, and to be fair, was a bit more resistant to avrils and tank shells.

So, taking inspiration from the raptor, XS Harpy created by Xyx and others, and a few other mods. I came up with this. (my sketching is rubbish so I quickly threw together a photoshopped image.

Hornet_Concept_Final_by_Sukosu.jpg

Hornet_WIP_5_by_Sukosu.jpg

It is currently In game in low poly form, and I am working on the high poly stuff in zbrush now.

When I first Imported it she was larger than the leviathan, but the scale is now about double the length of the raptor and about the width of a hellbender, I will have a shot of that soon.

Replies