Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[portfolio] waldo

Have started putting together a folio, have about 3 months left in school so it is about time. Aiming for 5 pieces with 2 completed.

Using carbonmade for now, if anyone have any better suggestion please tell me. A little irritated with carbonmade for compressing my pics a little rough.

Anyways, here it is.

http://davidmarquardt.carbonmade.com/

Have two more projects in the works, a Hot Rod and a Sawed-Off Pump Shotgun. Will add them when they are completed.

Rip it to shreds boys!

Replies

• bluekangaroo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bluekangaroo polycounter lvl 13
    hey, well I dont think being ripped to shreds really helps but constructive honest criticism does.

I'll just comment on the glock...quickly looking at it I can see there are quite a few modeling errors. I'm not perfectly familiar with the glock, never modeled it myself but I have seen many versions of it and I know what it looks like. The risk you've taken here with the glock is that you've chosen to model a weapon thats been done many times before and so when anyone sees it, they will like myself, compare it to every other glock ever made. That doesnt mean a solid job wont help it stand out, but yeah its a pretty common weapon/portfolio piece.

The weapon itself is pretty good...doesnt look 100 percent accurate tho.
  • waldo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Updated my portfolio with new url, trailers and screenshots of game projects and some more 3D pieces. Please take a look post some crits...

Probably won't have the time to fix stuff that may be wrong right now though.. To much other stuff in the works..

www.marquardt3d.com
  • 3DRyan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3DRyan polycounter lvl 8
    I really like the vehicle pic you posted. The tires look too clean though. Give em some wear and tear, like the rest of the vehicle. Good job on your site!

edit: Oops, just saw that you said you won't be able to fix it. Oh well, I guess constructive criticism is always good. :P