Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Looking for Critiques for my portfolio

hi guyz ,

finally updated my site after a year.....
Looking for Critiques for my portfolio n all my works in my website... :)

My portfolio :: www.dreamsin3d.com

Replies

• BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Are you a game artist? I don't see any texture sheets polycounts, or breakdowns anywhere.
    Make your portfolio section of your site your main page, the intro page just slows things down.
    Your work looks good, but I can't really give you a crit, because I have no idea how it is made/rendered.
  • raul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    raul polycounter lvl 11
    Very cool stuff man! Your site is also really clean and easy to get around. The one thing I would also suggest is that you make your portfolio page ur main page. As stated before. And also. Keep a consitant presentation througtout your pieces. Seeing that you also have awesome renders. Maybe talk about the breakdown. Like how many passes. How you composited etc.

By the way. The game guys don't care about fancy renders. They want to see your textures. The control mesh of your high poly. Your low poly ( if u have one) and if you do have a low poly they want to see it live in a game engine ( id recommend using the marmoset engine ).
  • vcortis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vcortis polycounter lvl 9
    I also want to add that your images are loading pretty slow... seems like an HR person looking at your portfolio would get bored after not having massive amounts of art thrown directly in their face in the easiest way possible.

What compression are you using for them, and what resolution are they.
  • toren3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    toren3d polycounter lvl 7
    You obviously know how to render (the blue house piece is very nice, and shows this) but the motorcycles and honda prelude deduct major points away from that, because they feel so "maya software render" to me. They are just blurry and amateurish I'm afraid. Use the techniques you did on the blue house, and go back on those earlier pieces (assuming the portfolio area is in order of completion) and polish them a bit more.

Oh, and ditch the Mona Lisa in that one pic ;-)