Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

female body sculpt

ngon master
Offline / Send Message
almighty_gir ngon master
femalefaceloops.jpg

just working on female anatomy and all that jazz.

my refs:
bodymatch.jpg

crits please =]

Replies

• Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    This has a nice, solid start, but dont be afraid to push it more! Everything is convincing enough, but suffers from being really visually and structurally boring, even for a realistic model. It's easy to get timid with a female model, because it's so easy to screw them up, but this is digital! You can redo everything indefinitely.

The hips can afford to really pop out more in the front view, like the ref. The legs need less tapering, more curving -- check the inside of your ref's knee -> the outside of the ref's calve vs how it is in your model. There's this dynamic swooshy shape in there you're missing out on by thinning everything out too much.

Curve the collarbones properly, and from there pay attention to how the neck and upper back should flow into the shoulders -- im not talking about a solid cut in, but it could benefit from some smooth, strong definition -- get other ref for this, your model's pose and boring anatomy is hiding the detail.

Ass is either too low or too flat.

Curve the spine more, lean her back, she's going to tip over forward.

Don't be afraid to really play around with shapes (keep multiple saves!) and get some more varied reference. Especially more dynamic, stylized women. If it's more comic-book than what you've got here yet still looks believable, there's probably something to learn from it (but not copy, unless you want a stylized girl) -- i want to point out our own Hazardous's recent kingdom death model for a great example of dynamic, strong, feminine anatomy.
    http://www.kalescentstudios.com/troyfolio/G_koshka.htm
  • cadyw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    um... no need to be sexist while practicing your female anatomy... (why so high poly?)
  • SnowInChina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SnowInChina interpolator
    toes look kinda off at first glance
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    femalefaceloops.jpg

any better SupRore?
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    Definitely, already looking more dynamic and natural. keep at it!
  • woogity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    your legs are pretty thin for a female, also keep in mind the differences in the shoulders, back, chest, and neck from your models arms being up as opposed to the pose you have your base in.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    I think tis a good start, head needs more work feet look really big
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    femalefaceloops.jpg

it's amazing what a thong can do to accentuate a set of hips...
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    decided the direction i want to go in terms of a finished piece!

femalefaceloops.jpg

and here's the kind of thing i'm going for, although i don't want it to be a direct copy. finished playing through AVP and have a hard on for all things pred :P

bk3gn.jpg