Home Technical Talk

Beveling question (Blender)

I try to bevel specific edges and it ends up beveling the whole cube, I see I can bevel indavidual vertices which is handy but what about indavidual edges ? how can I do that if possible ?

Replies

• Zwebbie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zwebbie polycounter lvl 18
    That's odd, it should be possible just by selecting the edge and using Specials -> Bevel.

If you're using 2.5, it might be the case that it isn't fully implemented yet.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Yes, I believe it is not implemented in 2.5 Alpha 1 yet (or it has moved). And yes, the fact that there is no bevel tool in 2.5 yet (5 months on?) is ridiculous. I'm still using 2.49 myself.
  • psychoticprankster
    Yes, I believe it is not implemented in 2.5 Alpha 1 yet (or it has moved). And yes, the fact that there is no bevel tool in 2.5 yet (5 months on?) is ridiculous. I'm still using 2.49 myself.

I'm using 2.49b so maybe its me, I select an edge and then the bevel modifier and it bevels my whole cube/rectangle.
  • Lamoot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamoot polycounter lvl 7
    Modifiers by default affect the whole object. To limit bevel to a single edge, see the bevel modifier panel limit using: -> BevWeigh. Then go back to the mesh and press ctrl+shift+e to control bevel weight per selected edge.

Or alternatively, bevel is also a mesh tool. Select your edges, press w to access the "specials" menu and then pick bevel.