Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Snake plisken

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
butt_sahib polycounter lvl 11
HI YAALL.

Im working on a new model now. My past 2 are upto the high poly stage and im just too lazy to make them into low res :P

Im working on snake plisken. Basically what inspired snake from the MGS series. Seems like a normal generic model so i think ill have fun with it.

Heres the first pass at his face....
2po1fkw.jpg

Dont know how real i want this guy to look- i might be deviating to stylized proportions but imma gonna sleep on it.
Heres the reference sheet if someones interested:-
so0ehx.jpg

Comments and critique welcome as always! :D

Replies

• odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    The biggest issue I can see is your refs. Sadly, Kurt Russell got older :( So his Snake days looks very different to his current day face. His face does look a bit too wide on the render, and possibly his cheeks dip in too much.

Is this going for realistic styling, or are you going for some other style?
  • Psyk0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Psyk0 polycounter lvl 18
    Surf's up!

It's a good start, i like the blocked-in hair, that should work great for sculpting. Shouldnt the eyepatch be on the left eye tho?

That reference sheet is terrible, get some shots from the movie(s)!
    snake-plissken.jpg
  • Gallows
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gallows polycounter lvl 9
    I doubt I'm really skilled enough to have any say, but here's a few things I would change up with a quick paint over.

paintover.png?t=1266608287

The main thing I'd change are the cheeks and just raising out that hair line. But again, my skills in character work are extremely limited so feel free to call bullshit on this and carry on! Great start and subject though.