Home Technical Talk

photoshop cs4 brush size stops working.

polycount sponsor
Offline / Send Message
malcolm polycount sponsor
I'm having this problem where after working for about an hour in photoshop cs4 using the bracket keys to increase and decrease the brush size they just stop working. It's really fucking annoying happens consistantly they just stop working and I have to close and reopen photoshop to make them work again. No caplocks or anything the keys just stop working.

Replies

• malcolm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay I figured out what the problem is, but I'm still looking for a solution. Turns out I am some how enabling a different character set, like I am able to use accents hitting question mark types an e with a dot over top of it. Does anyone know how I'm getting into this mode, it's very annoying.
  • Jay Evans
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jay Evans polycounter lvl 18
    I'm getting the same thing. Driving me crazy
  • peppi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    peppi polycounter lvl 18
    This is probably the language setting being switched with the default shortcuts (ctrl-shift and alt-shift iirc). Try the language bar settings (you may have to make it visible first, should be among Windows' shortcut bars somewhere) and turn off all keyboard shortcuts there.

This used to drive me nuts too, now I'm keeping the language bar visible at all times so I can switch to US layout manually (ie. for art apps). It'll remember the setting for each app until it is closed.
  • Jay Evans
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jay Evans polycounter lvl 18
    ahh yes the illusive language bar... I forgot about that thing. I'll try that out. thanks
  • malcolm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've gone into the keyboard language thing looks like there is a shortcut for switching to canadian french on the keyboard, I've disabled all shortcuts to other languages I'll see if this fixes the problem.