Home Technical Talk

sketch tools for cs4

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
James Edwards polycounter lvl 18
http://nkurence.com/blog/2010/01/nks3/

Grabbed this link from ZBC. Looks pretty cool.

Replies

• Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    does look cool, will give it a try - is it free?
  • Muzzoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzzoid polycounter lvl 10
    Whoa... going to have to try this.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    Ive done what it says in the readme and installed the latest adobe extension manager but windows vista is being stupid keeps telling me I dont have permission to install the package
  • nkurence
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged wrote: »
    Ive done what it says in the readme and installed the latest adobe extension manager but windows vista is being stupid keeps telling me I dont have permission to install the package

Ged - I don't have a vista system to test on (sorry!) but if you get it working I'd love to know what steps you took in case others have similar issues.
  • Jay Evans
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jay Evans polycounter lvl 18
    This is actually pretty cool. A bit of a run around to get set up. Blend, glow, and smudge not working for me. But I like the quick interface, and feel of the brushes.

ahh nm. I guess you have to select the appropriate brush off the toolbar first.
  • funshark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    funshark polycounter lvl 16
    Jay Evans > Nope, you don't have to. All the tools work like a charm for me.

It would be nice to have the same sort of window but totally customizable ( separators, groups, editable icons, editable brushes.... ) > like the MyPaint one heh ! :D
  • jipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jipe polycounter lvl 17
    nkurence,

I had the same problem with Windows 7 (it didn't say anything about permissions, but refused to create the folders or install any files inside them), but fixed it by right-clicking on the Extension Manager .exe and selecting "Run as administrator". Apparently that gives it permission to put stuff into Program Files.

p.s. Thanks for the sweet tools.
  • nkurence
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Jay Evans: bring up the 'Tool Presets' palette and make sure the check box at the bottom 'Current Tool Only' is unchecked. With those non-brush tools this is usually a solve. If that behavior persists please let me know.

@jipe: You're welcome + thnx for the deets on the workaround.