Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Da_Barker

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Da_Barker polycounter lvl 8
Howdy!

I have graduated from the Art Institute of Dallas and I am also looking to become a 3d modeler in the game industry. Thought I would start posting my work on polycount as I go. Thanks for havin me. :)

Maps are 2048. Low poly color render was done using Marmoset.
color.jpg
maps.jpg
wire.jpg
high.jpg

Replies

• Da_Barker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Da_Barker polycounter lvl 8
    O Concept Art! almost forgot to post it. I did not create this concept image.
    concept.jpg
  • raul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    raul polycounter lvl 11
    BARKER!!

Hey nice high poly man!! The textures seem like they could use a bit more hours on them. What else have u got?
  • phillip.bailey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    phillip.bailey polycounter lvl 9
    BARKER!!

Nice to see you on Polycount! Yeah, I know Brett tore your loPoly up, but man... You got a lot of useless geometry that doesn't do anything for the silhouette. If you rid of the geometry that doesn't affect the outer silhouette, you could add more to places that count. In some areas on your model, reducing should actually help the normals do their job. Like on the ends of the scope... if you collapse the inner geometry into a point and pull it in, the normals should carry a little cleaner.
    Hope this helps. Cheers mate!!

p.s. Here are some boobs (oYo) :poly124:
  • YBourykina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YBourykina RIOT Games
    Hey Chris, I’m defiantly loving the high poly, though I’m going to agree with Brett about the end of the gun being a bit mushy and the gripp being a bit pinchy. I went ahead and did a quick draw over of the areas I think could use some more love and really make this piece stand out :D
    Either way, awesome job so far, can’t wait to see more!

-Katia

barkergun.jpg
  • vofff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vofff polycounter lvl 10
    Dude you could push out more details than this on 2048, same to diff,nrm,spec.
    And a question why do u flip the color between diff and spec??? Whats the difference?