Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Mechwarrior Living Legends needs your help!

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
Mjolnir_Zero polycounter lvl 14
My name is Thomas "Rolke" McQuary, I work as the temporary lead artist on the Mechwarrior Living Legends mod team. Our mod is based in the battletech/mecwarrior universe and is a combined arms type of game. With mechs, battlearmor, land, and air units all playable there is plenty of work that needs to be done. With our Beta release a couple months ago, everyone can now see the potential this mod has to be a great game. We need artists who can work with a team and learn new techniques to doing things very efficiently within a game engine. We use advanced techniques in CryEngine2 to achieve the highest detail possible, while trying not to sacrifice good performance. Job requirements are as follows.

FOR ARTISTS
Requirements:
Good working knowledge of 3DSmax or in another 3d app such as XSI, Lightwave, or Maya
Texturing skills with Photoshop or a similar art program
Attention to detail
Teamwork skills and the ability to finish work in a reasonable amount of time
Motivation to learn new techniques that will speed up the process and quality of contributed work

Recommended:
Skill with sculpting and baking packages such as Mudbox, ZBrush, Xnormal.
Basic knowledge of the sandbox2 editor (ability to create materials and import assets)
Past experience with mod teams, especially science fiction related

FOR LEVEL DESIGNERS
Requirements:
Good working knowledge of the sandbox2 editor (Specializing is ok in certain areas of the sb2 editor)
Be able to create lifelike terrain in Geocontrol 2's terrain generation software
Ability to work with a team of level designers on one map
Attention to detail
Teamwork skills and the ability to finish work in a reasonable amount of time
Motivation to learn new techniques that will speed up the process and quality of contributed work

Recommended:
Past experience with a mod group as a level designer
Texturing skills with photoshop to create your own environmental tiling textures
Understanding of good level design layout

I would like to offer each and every artist and level designer the opportunity to work with a very organized and award winning mod team. We recently won the 2009 editor choice for 'Best Multiplayer Mod' and the Player's Choice 'Mod of the Year' awards. Our team leaders Sean "Criminal" Tracy and Dan "Kamikaze" Tracy are both employees at Crytek and working on Crysis 2 give us insight into the engine and a direct connection to the developers of the cryengine itself for internal questions. We have many future plans for further development of the mod that are counting on more artists and level designers to join the team. If you, or any other artists/level designers you know, would like to join the MWLL team, head over to www.mechlivinglegends.net and put in an application to join the team. After a quick review of your application and the example art pieces you provide I will get in contact with you via Live Instant Messenger. Thank you for your time.

Temporary Lead Aritist,
Thomas "Rolke" McQuary