zxcman polycounter lvl 10
trying to upgrade my skills.
here is texture wip
3copy.jpg

Replies

• KazuyaMochu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks like its made of wax. it needs some detail normal mapping or some skin bump added to it. it would help with the shading.

but the model looks good!
  • Avanthera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Avanthera polycounter lvl 10
    I think the waxy problem is probably due to a more solid specular color, most flats you see are not a straight color, but a bit noisy, to fake the look of different layers of skin bouncing light in different directions.
    and a bit more gloss on the lips, but all in all, pretty good! :)
    post your textures for better crits though.
  • Rojo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's looking okay so far, you should definitely paint a separate spec map to get rid of the wax feel.

Why is there grey around the lips? It looks like shadows are painted around the eyes... generally you shouldn't paint light/shadow directly into your diffuse map.
  • Baj Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baj Singh polycounter lvl 9
    As previously stated, definitely work on the specular map as well as skin bump. And fix that highlight on the lips. You only need very subtle highlights on your diffuse as your AO map should sort most of the depth issues there. Focus more on the colour and texture.
  • Valandar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Valandar polycounter lvl 18
    The right ear catches my eye, because it looks like the shape is "slipping" off of it.
  • zxcman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thx a lot for crits.i added simple nm and spec details.i will remove seam after finshing texturing.
    i hope i will add some hair,so you won't see ears xD.
    86011827.jpg
  • zxcman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • zxcman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    little update.
    head64.jpg
  • zxcman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • premium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    premium polycounter lvl 13
    Could you show wireframe? :)
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    Ears need some detailing. And more tweek.
    The nose is too fat.
    Noseline between the lip and the nose is pressing on the upper lip.
    The portion between the eyebrow and the eye is pretty straight, you need to bend it.

The first version reminded me of the doom3 when people start turning..

Jokes and crits aside.. Awsome work, keep at it.

EDIT: Wireframe of this and the texture map, normal map SS would be really appreciated. :)
  • Hazed_blue
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hazed_blue polycounter lvl 18
    I think you have some good stuff here, albeit a little inconsistent in quality. For starters, your skin tone has come along well. There's a decent mix of vital pinks in there, so he feels flush and alive. The freckles on his skin really help to sell it; nice job. The mouth area is also coming along well.

For what can be improved, I would first look at the sides of the head: the cauliflower ear needs to be reigned in. The topmost inner fold is puffing out of the entire ear, making its shape very bulbous. I think the nostrils are feeling a little to pronounced as well, like they're curving up and out from the face. You'll want them to be a little more in line with the entire nose.

The biggest thing that I noticed is the eyes. There's a crease going on underneath the eyebrow that is not in line with the actual eyebrow. That crease suggests that he's angry, but it's not matching the nonchalant position of the textured eyebrows. Along with this, his eyes are far too clean. To make them convincing, take some time to redden them slightly, and add some detail into the iris area. Adding vitality to the eyeballs will go a long way in making the face feel real.

Nice job so far. Keep it up!
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    The real dealbreakers are those ears man. You've obviously invested a lot of effort to craft a compelling face, but the ears scream "aw, fuck it...thats good enough".

You need some more geometry in the eyelids/sockets. You've got some bad poly clipping there as a result. Also, its the rare person who's neck is wider than (or as wide as) their jaw.

Until you sort those issues I think any additional efforts on your diffuse or spec may be wasted energy.
  • zxcman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    so here is my textures.
    if someone can overpaint it, i will be VERY happy!
    wiptexturework1.jpg
  • zxcman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    and stupid wire, which is full of mistakes(
    wirea.jpg