Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] Bernardo Araujo

Hey,
theres my newest GameDev project; A web browser game / portfolio.
All graphics were pre rendered in 3Ds Max and Photoshop.
It was developed in Multimedia Fusion Developer 2.

Demonstration video and screenshots below:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5GXRIfGNzI[/ame]

2ef8f2f.jpg14iq0jr.jpg

The application can be tested on my website, www.bern3d.com

Replies

• DarthNater
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarthNater polycounter lvl 10
    That's pretty cool. This could go two ways though...

The person looking at it is going to think its a very original and awesome idea and love it.

or

They will get annoyed and not even look at your work :P It's good you give them an option in the beginning though to jump right to the goods.
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    watching how long it took to load, plus the fact you need some plugin, I wouldnt recommend using this for a portfolio. if i was a recruiter/hr i would be gone before that loading bar was 1/4 done. interesting project for sure, i just dont think using it as your primary portfolio would be a good idea. get art in the face in 10-20 seconds!
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    God dammit... please turn off the sound!

haha, as PixelMasher said, its a cool idea, but probably not the best idea for your main portfolio, keep it simple, add that helicopter thing as maybe a demo of what you can do.

Oh and one more thing... never... ever... put annoying sounds like that on your website!
  • Bernardo Araujo
    Thanks for the feedback guys!
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    I'd say have it as something in your portfolio, not a means for browsing your portfolio.

Not that I could see it anyway, the plugin only works on windows. Which is a shame, because I did actually want to take a look, being a fan of isometric graphics.

Bare in mind that quite a few studios use macs in the other (HR, reception etc) departments of their offices these days. You should make your portfolio accessible and non-annoying as possible.

If you really really can't live without this interface on your site, at least make it in flash, where 100% of your audience can see it.
  • MRico
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MRico polycounter lvl 10
    It's a cool idea...

I just don't like it for a portfolio.

Some crits on content...

You should remove both pieces under "new projects"...and that zbrush sculpt under "old works" they're doing you more harm than good.

Also, you might want to find a better way to display your resume....Firefox is underlying all your typos and it's kinda annoying to read it like that.