Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Environment WIP : sci fi seaport

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
ultramedia polycounter lvl 11
Hey everyone,

Here's some viewport screenies of some 3D doodling I did today. It's really late here now, so I won't try and do a big fancy explanation, I just wanted to put *something* up after pushing it so much today. It the moment it's just the base architecture, I'm going to add lots of clutter and greebles.

100107_011800_seaport_V4_01.jpg
100107_011800_seaport_V4_02.jpg
100107_011800_seaport_V4_03.jpg
100107_011800_seaport_V4_04.jpg
100107_011800_seaport_V4_05.jpg
100107_011800_seaport_V4_06.jpg
100107_011800_seaport_V4_07.jpg

(the green box above is a placeholder for a generic 6 foot high character)

Replies

• Legion
    Offline / Send Message
    Legion polycounter lvl 11
    Ooooh, looking good ultramedia! However I just have a quick little question.

Aside from the main structure, the one with the three tall towers? Are you planning to throw in supports or does it have some other method of holding place?

Now that I've asked my quick little question? Maybe if you could talk about your model a little bit then I could be better about my analyzation and such other things. x3 Above all though (like I said above), "looking good". Keep up the good work. : )
  • ultramedia
    Offline / Send Message
    ultramedia polycounter lvl 11
    hey legion,

Yep, I'm going hook everything up to the surrounding hills (like I did with the big one). Re the model overall there's no pre existing thematic context for it, I'm just practicing the idea of taking rough little doodles from my notebook and fleshing them out into nice big dense scenes (I've got a lot more stuff to put in this one).
  • Legion
    Offline / Send Message
    Legion polycounter lvl 11
    Sounds like a good flow. I'm liking the designs, and I'll be looking forward to a more finished version. I've got a couple suggestions in the box if needed.

A quick question about that black strip between the two primary structures, and passing out the other side of the second. Is that a tram rail? If it is, definitely adds to the few suggestions I have for your more finished edition; however, still looks great as I said before.

I'll be sure to keep my eyes on it to watch progress.