Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hand Painted Fantasy Environment

Replies

• crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    Getting some last minute touch ups for GDC, here's the final green version for now:
    Highres_Screenshot_00000.jpg

Any last minute suggestions appreciated, final red scene to come shortly.
  • vcortis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vcortis polycounter lvl 9
    Crazy you might hate me for this, but for a green scene there is hardly any green in there. It's mostly dull brown. Aside from the one type of plant the greenist thing you have in there is the sand... one would think it'd be the opposite, to have the grass green, and moss on the rocks, etc.

If this is what you intended then great, but if you were really pushing for "green" green I think you need to make adjustments.

You're scene and style still rock, but if you're doing color studies I don't think this quite nails it. Especially when compared to your Red Scene.
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, "green" probably doesn't sum this one up best. I guess i'll just start calling it the realistic version. I wasn't going for a particular "color" per say, just off the concepts.

It's last minute anyway, no time to totally rehash a new color :D
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Final version for the revised red:
    11.jpg

Edit, less super saturated red in this one. Anyone have a preference?
    12.jpg
  • Matroskin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Matroskin polycounter lvl 11
    totally love your red version :)

Some more grass would be better though ;) Not same as those red shrubs, but more thin and "fury" one, so that your existing shrubs will still dominate and everything will not become one type of grass everywhere.

Good job
  • vcortis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vcortis polycounter lvl 9
    Composition on the second one is better. You get a better since of depth with something in the foreground, middle and back.
  • +peter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    +peter polycounter lvl 11
    I agree with vcortis - the second one has much greater depth.
    Excellent scenes! Really inspiring. I learned a couple things just by readin about them.