GMC CCKW 353 WIP

madmuffin
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
madmuffin polycounter lvl 7
gmccckw353render01.pnggmccckw353render02.png
gmccckw353render03.png
gmccckw353render04.png

A truck I started a while back. Still working on the cockpit so I don't think any wire frames are necessary. Once I am done this I have to make a lowpoly, and then after that texture that. Critique welcome.

Replies

• BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Looking nice so far. Nothing to crit really because it looks like you still have to get a lot of it prepared for sub-d.
    Just for future reference though, this is a really bad way to show your work. pure black/white backgrounds are a big no no. And the purple is god awful.
    I know its not something major because this is really easy to change, but it can go a long way with how your work looks.

[edit] how about posting some reference images?
  • madmuffin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I work in purple because it helps me see the wireframes easier against the viewport. Next time I'll change it but I figured it helped it stand out against the background. Instead of black, what color or gradient do you recommend? Maybe sit it on a podium or something?

And here is a resized sheet of what I was working from, it was too big to post so I made it smaller. Still kinda big though.

trucksspreadsheet.png
  • jakelear
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jakelear polycounter lvl 14
    Impressive research. Before seeing the reference sheet I was curious about the style of door going on there but I see that a few of the variants have that drop away false-door thing. It reads a little weird at the moment but I'm sure as you continue to work it up it will make more sense.

Keep at it!
  • madmuffin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, I was debating about the door. The references I was working from the most have the non-door bolted opening, while some have a traditional hinge door. In the end I went with the built in version, not for any real reason beside that it fits closer with the reference.
  • serialkiler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    would love to see a low poly from this :P
  • madmuffin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gmccckw35305.png

Starting to do Sub-D work on the front cabin part, whatever it is called. Non-black background still doesn't look all that great. Truck could probably be tinted slightly green for good measure.