Armor_sketch.jpg

Reference:

Rivendare.jpg

Replies

• PixelGoat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelGoat polycounter lvl 12
    awesome! but I think you can push the spec/reflections on the armor pieces some more to make them pop and look more metallic-ish, some stronger highlights would do them good. :)
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    This is one of my favorite pieces you've done!

I think maybe doing some post to make the eyes radiate GLOW (or maybe the gems or runes), would look REALLY COOL!

:D
  • Pavel Petrenko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pavel Petrenko polycounter lvl 8
    Great work, lovely colours! I like your works so much!
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    yeah, this is really well textured man, looking great!
    The only thing that really bothers me is the drastic tapering down you have from the chest area. The middle torso is way to thin atm especially considering he is wearing armor. I would scale that area up a lot, and I think your good to go.

[edit] Okay, one more thing. While I love the use of colors and detailing, the armor isn't really reading that well imo, or as good as it can be. I guess the reason I mention is I can't really tell what its made of. Is it cloth or metal, or a mix? I don't know, just food for thought I guess.
  • EMC3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EMC3D polycounter lvl 7
    That sir is indeed epic. I agree with Jacque on the post processing glows.
  • Gallows
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gallows polycounter lvl 9
    The only thing that differs from the front reference are the shoulder pads height, but honestly the model and texture look great. You should send this into the fan art section, they'd probably give you a medal. I would.
  • FirstKeeper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Many thanks for critics! I really appresiate it. I slacked metall here and many others places in this picture too , shame on me, still have no enogh exp for creating beauty shots for hi-res :(
    I tryed to make glow on runes - it looked not very great.
    Heh, I sent in fan-art section this work two times, they ignored me :)
  • Hazardous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hazardous polycounter lvl 12
    EPIC pauldrons, they are my favourite piece! :D
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    I like it, but the hood is really killing the character, seems forced amidst all the hard armor. The shape of it also isn't very wicked like the rest of the character. The thing is, when you change one thing about an existing character, it becomes all important, so you gotta make sure it works. Did you put the hood on because the hair wasn't working out?

What you have is a good character bordering on epic in my book.

I really think you should ditch the hood, or rehash it to be more fitting (right now it looks like something a female alliance mage would wear) and push this a bit further till you have a great character piece that matches the original, you're so close it'd be a crime not to nail it. At the very least change the concept to have a hood so it looks like you finished on plan!

Here's an idea... have a couple locks of hair falling out of the hood, nothing too fancy just some white, very long strands of hair coming out from under the hood blowing in the wind. The white hair is one of the defining features of this character, make sure you get some of it in there.

All in all great piece though. The skulls are my favorite :)
  • Pseudo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pseudo polycounter lvl 18
    I second the suggestion of bulking up his midsection and I would also make the shoulder pads about 25% larger. Even if you don't want to go as crazy as the concept, exaggerating the shoulder pads will make it look more like a WoW character (Blizzard loves them some shoulderpads!).

Also the bottom of the hood shouldn't be connected, try separating it and having it pulled down into the armor.

Bigger shoulders and hood paintover:
    paintover.jpg
  • MartinH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MartinH polycounter lvl 8
    killed that fucking guy 120 times now and still no mount...bastard

kidding aside, maybe more contrast in the color map, really punch the spec up in a few selected areas and play a bit more with the hood i think, try and exaggerate the shapes a bit more.

Really dig the overlapping details on the shoulders, thats some nice clean modeling.
  • Sirdelita
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sirdelita polycounter lvl 10
    This is tight dude! Keep it up!
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    this is fantastic! but I will agree with Pseudo that the hood should not be connected and the shoulders look a lot better when they are bigger. Just like in real wow with MASSIVE SHOULDER PADS!
  • 55joe
  • Eltrex06
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    very nice man! i'm impressed. i love the shoulders very well done.