Home Digital Sketchbooks

neocyberwarrior sketchbook

werwe.jpg

i have no previous experience , and i dont know if i use tools properly , but i like 3d animation so i thought i can learn something in free time :P

werwe2.jpg

and hair attempt using stencil

hairyt.jpg

Replies

• neocyberwarrior
    any ideas what would help me
  • Vrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    Sculpt out the forms and proportions as much as you can at lower sub-d levels, as subdividing too much too fast will make it look blobby and lacking in definition; this is the same advice you would get from anyone; the stencil'd noise might seem cool but it doesn't hide the lack of anatomical definition - a common mistake made by first-timers - but you can learn from it, which is fun.

And a big welcome to PC! Don't feel sad about not getting much feedback in this thread, the sketchbook section tends to be overlooked. For example, if you tried again at this and posted it in P&P under a thread title like "Werewolf sculpt - tips please"... or something, you'd get a lot more attention. :) Good luck.
  • neocyberwarrior
    thanks , yeah its easier to work on lower level and add details as i go with higher lvl , i did this one on lvl 5 i think ,faster and usefull , i have some problem with hairs , well not a problem , im trying to make them in a lot of diffrent ways , but they dont like me, well my characters will be grumpy old and bald till i figure a way haha