Home General Discussion

Primal Carnage site live! (Dino game!)

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Fang polycounter lvl 7
The official website for the new (dino vs humans) indie game called 'Primal Carnage' just went live, check it out :)

primallogo.JPG

http://www.primalcarnage.com/
http://www.primalcarnage.com/forum

"The Primal Carnage forum is now also open to the public. From this open forum, watchers will be able to keep up to the minute on all of the latest news and events regarding Primal Carnage. With information about the development of Primal Carnage, and comments from the Design Team behind this superb game, you will find nowhere else, the Primal Carnage forum is the place to be."

Enjoy! Let us know what you think. :poly142:

Replies

• Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    This makes me realize we need an official "Primal Rage" remake.. That game was amazing.

At any rate, I am sure this will suffice. Looks awesome!
  • peppi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    peppi polycounter lvl 18
    Hah awesome, I'll be sure to keep an eye on this. Really nice dinos & anims, if a little close to the JP ones. Great looking concepts trailer as well, on the art side this looks quite ambitious for an indie game.. what platform are you making this for, and is there going to be single player?
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    needs a "clever girl" emote
  • Fang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fang polycounter lvl 7
    We're focusing on making the multiplayer kickass first. PC and linux is pretty guaranteed, though sign up at our forums and I'm sure any questions will be answered better by my co developrs!
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah at first I thought this was related to primal rage. Then the website didn't load properly so i still don't know quite what it's about.
  • danshewan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danshewan polycounter lvl 8
    Joopson wrote: »
    This makes me realize we need an official "Primal Rage" remake.. That game was amazing.

I thought that's what this was, at first. I remember seeing it in the arcades back in the day, and I've got to admit I wasn't that impressed. It didn't seem like the characters had that many moves.
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    turok-on! I was first humored by a video of pictures since you guys have actual videos, and secondly by the pyramid labeled "dome". That did crack me up.
  • Eclipse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eclipse polycounter lvl 18
    I went to the website and was REALLY impressed! The work you all have done is really amazing so far! I love the big love to the JP series you can see in the work. It makes me as a JP fan really excited! Then...
    Fang wrote: »
    We're focusing on making the multiplayer kickass first. PC and linux is pretty guaranteed, though sign up at our forums and I'm sure any questions will be answered better by my co developrs!

This just killed it for me :/. Not a multi-player guy myself. I was really hoping that this would be the first truly amazing single-player dino game, but alas, I will have to wait longer :P.

Best of luck with the project, it looks fantastic and you guys should really be proud of what you have accomplished!
  • Fang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fang polycounter lvl 7
    @Eclipse, It's still early in development :)

Also a press release from Unigine was just posted!

"Unigine Corp. announces the licensing of its top-notch Unigine™ engine to Lukewarm Media, an independent game developer.... Primal Carnage is a co-operative multiplayer action shooter combining fast paced action with stunning visuals and immersive environment of dangerous and savage jungles. "

Read more here! Or Here(official website)

Word about Primal Carnage has also started to spread, here's a few mentions for those interested.
    Destructoid.com
    Rockpapershotgun.com
    ve3d.ign.com

Thanks for showing interest guys, we really appreciate it :)