Home General Discussion

One for you Xbox kids :)....

Bronco
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Bronco polycounter lvl 18
Hey Guys,

My first gaming project was released on XboxLive:Indie Games yesterday.

minus points for originality as its based on the good old 'tower defence' concept, but it started out as a learning experience which evolved into a game and obviously my mate and I are feeling quite pleased with ourselves at the moment. .

The game is available on Xbox:Community Games for 240 Pts

Heres some info/features copied from the http://www.zicorpstudios.com website.

'Invasion Defender is a game based on the classic and popular ‘Tower Defense’ concept. Initially Created as an experiment to learn the capabilities of C# and XNA the project evolved into a full blown game aimed at Microsoft Xbox360 Community games. It brings two new features to the genre including enemies that attack back adding to the overall challenge as well as intelligent AI who will search out for the safest route from A to B increasing the need for tactical planning.

Addictive, colourful, challenging we are sure you will get a few hours of fun out of Invasion Defender and that it will challenge both experienced tower defense players as well as new-comers to the genre.

•Battle your way through over 50 waves of enemies in 3 unique locations as you fight to prevent the invasion force from taking over.

•Shore up your defenses using a range of upgradable turrets and walls.

•Intelligent AI will find not only the quickest but the safest route through your defenses making strategy even more important.

•The enemy’s fight back adding another element of difficulty as you fight to keep the lines secure.

•Gain "Lifetime Score" to unlock new locations and weapons, including the devastating tactical nuke super weapon.

•36 special medals to be achieved for completing various challenges.

•Hardcore mode for an extra tough challenge.'

Here is a promo video:-

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRk2d8eP9ds[/ame]

Hope you like!

John

Replies

• Vailias
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    Looks really nicely done. I may actually pick this one up. Tower def games often bore the heck out of me, but if your add on's are correct, I'd say that it becomes closer to a defence based RTS, which could be quite fun.