Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] - anders, character artist

andersh
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
andersh polycounter lvl 10
Can I get some critique on my portfolio site? I just added some new stuff and I'm starting to think its time to cut some old stuff...

http://www.stinkyanders.com

Replies

• rasmus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think your most promising piece (the western guy) begs to be finished - if done well he could blow the other stuff away. As a whole though things are diverse and nicely presented, if a bit short of stunning. I would definitely remove the environment piece at the bottom, since you speak of cutting stuff - it only drags the rest down. Some of your characters could also have been laid out a bit better UV-wise, but that's nitpicking. So, finish that cowboy and make him great, then put him up front big and make more like him! :)
  • NyneDown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NyneDown polycounter lvl 11
    On top of what Rasmus pointed out, I would also suggest studying anatomy some more so you can really nail those sculpts man. It feels that your sculpts are lacking form and volume...dont hold back from pushing those forms further. Also your texture work looks nice, but would look a whole lot better if you just spent some more time on that area. I definitely agree that the western guy would be your strongest piece if you were to finish him. I do feel you could spend more time on the sculpt, however. It looks like you have your maps baked out for him already, but he definitely could use a little more TLC.