Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Art for my RPG

Replies

• bbob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've been looking at this on and off, and while you are progressing somewhat in the right direction, it seems like you dont want to.

The walls are made from something completely weird looking, not fantasy looking, just plain weird. That is never a good thing.

Your door is also made from the base of a tree, which is absolutely ridiculous, since it is much harder to do than just nailing four bits of wood together.

You REALLY need to look at reference.
  • achillesian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    2cnunh4.jpg

base male for the game, and a couple questions.

I would like to use this base male model for every male human in the game, and maybe a couple monsters. Will i be able to:
    a) tweak verts and the textures butmaintain the same rig/weights so i can use the same animation?
    b) add armor and accessories by dropping floating pieces on with appended bones and use the same animations?

asking these mainly because although i'm fairly weak in all aspects of 3d, rigging and animation is probably my weakest, so once i get a couple good looking animations i'd like to reuse them.

My other option might be making a standard bone number rig and using mocap, if anyone has any suggestions on tutorials regarding making a standard mocap rig (no fingers or face) let me know, there seems to be a great wealth of free mocap out there.

and of course if there are any glaring issues with the character model, anatomy/optimization point them out before i go further. thanks.
  • achillesian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    inspirations for the model:
    Dorian_Torchlight.jpg

ffiv-update-9.jpg
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    My suggustion to you, statement, derived from bbob and few others, is that redo everything and this time be more productive than just that. This will improve your skills and help you understand what everyone have been trying make you understand.