Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook:Wes Talbott

Hey Guys! My name is Wes, I'm currently a freshman at Columbus College of Art and Design majoring in Illustration. My main goal is to become a game concept artist although I do a little comic book work and some cg movie stuff when I get the chance/have time. Most of my work can be found here http://wes-talbott.deviantart.com/ But I will try and keep you guys updated with recent work in the thread aswell. Constructive critisism is always helpful.

So to start off here is my most recent piece. This is an original character of mine that I mainly use to practice pretty much anything new I want to try out. Previous versions of this character can be found on my DeviantArt, if you have any questions just ask.

seph2010.png

Replies

• Sir Talbott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This was actually homework for structural drawing believe it or not. I decided to have fun with it.

The assignment was to draw a piece of furniture in 1pt perspective and then transfer that into a piece of artwork. With patterns. (altho this pic would look alot better in 2pt :/)

My patterns aren't quite obvious but I consider the brick walls and floor to suffice as well as the actual patterns on the desk.

All done in one sitting of about... 8 hrs maybe?

My favorite parts were the candles and the book pages both were great fun to experiment with.
    sephsstudy.png
  • Razvan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow. You rock. I love the colors in both paintings and the way the light is used. The night is just awesome. I like like both the sword and the armor. The room looks great too. I like the way the flames bend in the wind and I think the books must have been though to do. And again just wow. Great work.
  • KateC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KateC polycounter lvl 7
    Really great colour and lighting. It seems like the perspective is a little off in the second piece (the right side of the bookshelf/table), but the image overall is super nice.
  • A.Kincade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A.Kincade polycounter lvl 9
    This is some great stuff. Love the colors. That sword is pretty bad ass.
  • Sir Talbott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks guys! Not sure when I'll have the time to do anything else. This just happened to be homework that I was able to make more personal. I might upload some of homework projects tho. we'll see.