Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Environment WIP

Meyitzo
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Meyitzo polycounter lvl 9
Hi everyone

I don't really post my work on forums but a friend of mine has told me how good polycount is at giving feedback, so in order to better my work I would like to show a new environment im working on at the moment and any comments would be kindly appreciated.

thanks

Mey

render21.jpg
render22.jpg

Replies

• 3DLee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is a really solid piece, great work! Some of the shadows on the lower left of the second screen look a little too dark, but other than that that lighting is pretty spiffy.

Oh, and the texture on that wooden cabinet seems a bit over saturated.
  • Logan5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Logan5 polycounter lvl 9
    Good job! The lighting and stone work look awesome! Only crit is that for some reason the door stands out to me as not really fitting the scene, I think the planks are a bit too wavy and the gaps inbetween are a little too wide, also Id reduce the size of those hinges a tad.
  • Meyitzo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Meyitzo polycounter lvl 9
    thanks for the comments I will make a note of them to fix tomrrow
  • roosterMAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    roosterMAP polycounter lvl 14
    the door seems out of place.
  • Slave_zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slave_zero polycounter lvl 8
    looks really nice.

I agree with rooster.

Your wohle scene has a pretty realistic look in refernece to your textures and the size and proportions of the assets.

The door with its oversized planks and big gaps between those looks just too cartoonish to fit into this scene. I'd go with a heavy sturded wooden door or maybe a door made of iron bars.

Some additional ideas: I think you could enhance the look of the walls and the ceiling by adding some additional stones sticking out of the wall. You did this already in some places. I would just make sure those stones are spread more equally over the walls.

This will be especailly helpfull in the corners of your room, e.g. where the ceiling intersects with the wall.

Also: Add some extra geometry for the doorway. At the moment it is perfectly straight.

nice work so far. keep it up.
  • Will Faucher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Will Faucher polycounter lvl 12
    Very nice. Like mentioned above, the door seems a little strange. Also, the one other thing I would have to say is that your sandbags (or whatever they are), seem like they are floating. The just don't seem like they are resting upon each other.

That's all I have to say.
  • Cyrael
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cyrael polycounter lvl 10
    very nice, I wont mention too much about the door bc others have given some nice crits on it, I might say lower the diffuse, its a bit too light right now, but I will say that in the first screen shot the shiny things in the corner are a bit too specular, the light is not hitting them directly yet you have it like it is, I might tone that down a bit. like i said very very nice though.