Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] – ivanushka

What's up everyone. Long time lurker ivanushka here. Thought I'd finally join up and start becoming more proactive with the forum. As I type, wow, this green text against the black feels retro, eye-catching, and great!

Anyhoot, check out my most current site with my most current art content here: www.imijatov.com. I am seeking critiques for both the site and the content within. Any suggestions in what direction to go with in a future rebirth of the site (ex: color scheme, graphics) and what things to focus on with my art (both 2d and 3d) are welcome and appreciated.

I'll take all criticism or suggestions under consideration moving forward, so thank you and peace out!

Replies

• Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    it took me a second glance to figure out how to get to your gallery.. :D
  • LMP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LMP polycounter lvl 13
    Your art is nice, the design of your website is slick. But, the main issue was that it was too hard to find where you art was. When it first came up, I was like, "where is the art?" I got a little frustrated until I found the gallery button, it needs to be clearer, or better yet, the gallery should pop up as the first thing, as that's what potential employers really want to see.
  • Firecracker197
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firecracker197 polycounter lvl 11
    You should probably add the arrows in lightbox to cycle through images, its really annoying to have to close and reload for every image each time.
  • makecg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea gallery should be index page.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    You should probably add the arrows in lightbox to cycle through images, its really annoying to have to close and reload for every image each time.

^ This

Also, howlong have you been doing the 3d modeling? Your work looks really great!
  • Paulewog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paulewog polycounter lvl 8
    IVAN!!!!!!! so good to see you on polycount! wow, i'm gonna watch all of your threads.
    How are you doin?
  • Paulewog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would agree that the index page should pop up with big thumbs in your face, so that even the most impatient person gets and instant taste of your wonderful work. My site also has issues with that and I am planning on changing it to be more accessible.
  • Paulewog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh, you already changed it.... good job!
  • ivanushka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Everyone, Thanks for the useful suggestions!

Jeremy Lindstrom, LMP, makecg, Paulewog: The "Gallery" page has now been made into the main index page. Interestingly enough, I used to have this setup on an older version of the site, but have since opted to go with a separate gallery page. You have all swayed me back in this direction and when I make an entire site-wide update I'll follow this mentality.

Firecracker197, Nitewalkr: Great catch! This is something I completely missed the mark on one lazy night as I was implementing the shadowbox.js media viewer plug-in. I have now added the scroll-through functionality so it's not a nagging pain to traverse through the gallery images separately anymore.

Paulewog: Hey Paul!!!! Been good with everything here, although my back and wrists have been terrible to me as of late. So I'm doing some research on more ergonomical workspaces. How's Schaumburg treating you? Love your avatar and that girl character of yours!

Nitewalkr: Thanks man... Including schooling and professional work time, I'd say I've been doing 3d modeling for about 4-5 years now. I should be better/have more to show for how many years I've been doing it. Time can be so limiting, I bet you can agree with that.

If you have them, keep 'em coming...
  • makecg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice your site looks really good now with gallery at front like that.
  • ivanushka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I decided to do a redo of my entire portfolio site, keeping in tact all the things that have been critiqued here. I did away with the wild color palette and graphic-heavy presentation and opted to go with a much more simpler, to-the-point presentation for the portfolio site. Tried to add wires and zbrush shots to as many of the 3d models as I could.

Any c&c's still welcome.