Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Deserted

Hey guys working on this modular building/environment and im looking for some helpful crits

deserted3.jpg
deserted4.jpg

Replies

• ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Very clean (texture and modeling well done), nice job with the sand, looks nice.
  • turpedo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    turpedo polycounter lvl 12
    Nice colors, I like the mountain range you did.

I don't know if it is just my eyes playing tricks on me, but the metal cylinder closest to the camera in the first shot looks a little stretched. The bolts look more like ovals than circles. Could just be my eyes though!
  • Progg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Progg polycounter lvl 11
    Is this from the Orion mod?
  • Daniel Doerksen
    Thanks for the comments,

the assets from this scene will be used in orion, this is part of my contributions to the mod, the scene will hopefully be in my portfolio.

im gonna check into the stretching a bit later see what the problem is.
  • PredatorGSR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PredatorGSR polycounter lvl 14
    I really like the lighting and texturing in the scene. Nice job.
  • DnS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DnS
    Looks really good.

There is a strange gap at the roof line in the top image above the solid metal wall.

Also, if some of those windows are broken, you'd probably see some broken glass on the ground.
  • Daniel Doerksen
    good point on the broken glass, i should definitly add that in there. that gap you noticed is with the the modularity of the pieces not lining up i havent made enough filler pieces to adjust for every given situation
  • Spitfire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great start!

Could use alot more stuff in and around the building to make it feel more "filled up"
    Really nice style on it so far, just needs more!
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    give the sand some more nm-love.. this stands out the most so far
  • efren_chavez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the normal maps on the metal pillar in the front of the building.
    Things that would be nice to see:
    In the first image (shot taken in the front of the structure) it would be nice to see some foreground element to create a more interesting composition and define the spatial relationship between the viewer and the structure.
    The inside of the building looks a bit empty, you probably want to convey a sense of this building having been abandoned for quite some time, but even then it would be nice to see some objects inside that point out towards what the purpose of this place is/was.
    The small spotlight/lamps on the top of the structure look too clean compared to the rest of the structure. It would make sense for a couple of them to be broken or fallen. Also the glass should be dusty/cloudy just like the glass in the windows.
    Like it has been said before, maybe few pieces of glass in the floor would be nice.
    Other than that I think is a good piece of work. Please post the finished product when you are done.