Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Jump Tank/Spider Tank

During the realtime graphics class where i have Pixelgoat here on the forums as my teacher, we where given a few concepts to choose from and to model up from highpoly to lowpoly then bake it down and texture it. Among the concepts where a spider tank that i really liked so i started modeling.

So far i have only completed the highpoly model, and i have just started a basic lowpoly model. This is probably my first time that i actually make something this intricate from highpoly to lowpoly and so far i have learned quite alot.

The concept was made by Mattias Rousk.

Here is the concept i chose

jumptank.jpg

I had to fill in alot of the details in the dark area and make up alot of stuff where the concept did not explain what it looked like.

We where given the freedom to bend the looks a bit with the details.

Here is a wip
spidertank.jpg

Final Highpoly, got some minor scale adjustment to do on the legs etc but ill do that on the lowpoly.

spidertank2.jpg

Details around the cannon

spidertank4.jpg

Details on the backside

spidertank5.jpg

I have also rigged parts of it, and it will be fully rigged once the model is done with lowpoly and texture.
Among the riggins attributes i got so far is the end of the legs can change from feet to wheels, where the foot retracts and forms a protective shell around the wheel and lets the wheel touch the ground. The other animation is a short fire and reload cycle that has the machinery around the cannon take the recoil and an ejection system that ejects the used shell.

Replies