Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

i began animation ! .

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
Belias polycounter lvl 14
i began some animation , spent some time learning rigging and just learnt how to make nice rigs , let's animate now !!! :)

1612009boyr02.jpg

wooooooohooooooooo ...

making a walkcycle , stay tuned .

Replies

• konstruct
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
    *edit-

DOH. now this got moved to pnp, my comment looked super dickish.

:attempting less dickishness:
    you should start a sketch book thread, so if people want to follow your development in random 3d, they can do so there.

the headline on this forum is for 2D and 3D videogame art.

I have to throw my two cents out there and say what you are doing isnt videogame art, so you really should find an appropriate home. Posting here, you will never get valuable crits, because any, and all crits will be coming from a game dev perspective- and that clearly not the purpose of your efforts.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    that's great, man

but this should be in p&p, not general
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Is it for sale yet?
  • Malus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malus polycounter lvl 17
    Well that's 1 key frame done...
  • 9skulls
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    9skulls polycounter lvl 13
    Malus wrote: »
    Well that's 1 key frame done...
    :'D
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    guys you just don't understand how epic that guy
    Render_4.jpg
    he is tallest than godzillah and king kong, even if they will stay on each other's heads!
    also he's the master of longcat.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    You people!, I think its time to stop with all that and start giving Belias the crits, you're probably all messing with his head now, he won't know good from bad.

Belias, you won't be able to show off stuff here and get all good and sugarcoated answers like on blenderartists, if you're posting an animation post a movie clip of it, if you've made a new rig, post a screenshot of the rig to get feedback on it.

And you're reusing that old head over and over again, you need to get rid of it and start anew, even that whole character has been in use for too long on your website, start fresh!

People are starting to lose their minds and probably wont take you seriously anymore, and then you'll lose your chances to really start developing your skills.
  • Belias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld : if you were me , what will you do to start over and make people get you seriously ...
    i'm not offended by people's jokes , but they are not giving me any feedback ... :(

they think i'm joking , i'm not joking ... :)

anyways , if you insist on posting something new , here goes ...

1712009boyr05jpg.png
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    for example, skip the characters for now, find a simple object, try to recreate it as a game-art prop, meaning, lowpoly and textured as a game asset, take it in regular steps, show progress here on polycount.
  • Snipergen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My god I dropped of my chair laughing.

Listen to eld!
  • Stertman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sadly i think you will have a hard time to make a thread where people will take you sesiously and give you good feedback..

i think the best for you would be to make a new account where noone knows its you and never try to sell anything or show any of your old work.. start posting new, serious works and ask for feedback..
    Me myself havnt been at the forum for too long but im already reacting the same way as everyone else. everytime you post anything i think you are trying to make money on it.. hell you even tried to get 400 bucks for your domain name..

otherwise its great to see that you have started to do some animation.. but what you show are just another render of your old character..

thats my opinion, sorry for being OT..

cheers

edit: oh.. just saw that we both joined the forum the same month..^^
  • JFletcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JFletcher polycounter lvl 13
    Belias wrote: »
    eld : if you were me , what will you do to start over and make people get you seriously ...
    i'm not offended by people's jokes , but they are not giving me any feedback ... :(

they think i'm joking , i'm not joking ... :)

anyways , if you insist on posting something new , here goes ...

1712009boyr05jpg.png

People joke when things don't make much sense,

We need explanation, or your work becomes too surreal, near impossible to give feedback on because none of us know what direction you are trying to take.

For instance, in that last image, we cannot offer any sort of advice, because most of us simply don't know what you are trying to achieve, we could ask questions such as why is this character the size of a building? why is he pointing to this building? finally, why is there even a building to which he is pointing at in the first place?

I would provide feedback but i'm not sure what you are trying to create.

Keep it up. :)
  • Belias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok ok , i'm making a short video for my new site

www.Qemum.org

i want to introduce the visitors to my institute Qemum < which means peaks in arabic >

the boy will introduce the people to the site ... that's all ...

i will also put this on the end of my portfolio .

bye :) .
  • Seaseme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seaseme polycounter lvl 8
    so.. your portfolio is the building?
  • 9skulls
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    9skulls polycounter lvl 13
    You know the feeling when you start watching Lost the very first time and the first episode you see is like from the middle of the season 3 or something, you feel kinda lost eh? Well, that's the kind of vibes I'm getting here :P What do those squids has to do with... anything? :F
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
    Clearly the character is not the giant thing, looking at the size of the grass you can tell its actually the building that is tiny. Which could be intentional, like it was a scale model of a building.

The character can be belias himself walking the viewer through various scale models of his work, which is a pretty neat idea for a demo reel. Kinda like the MW2 museum in the credits.
    Except to pull it off successfully you'll need some decent work to show first.

Belias I haven't seen you post any game-art yet, you know this is a game art community right? I think you should learn to unwrap and texture things OR do animation only and forget about texturing/modelling for now. Pick something to focus on, it'll be easier than trying to do everything at once.