gtx 260
4 GB ram
AMD Athlon x4 2.6 GHz

Help, please and thanks.

Replies

• sir-knight
    Offline / Send Message
    sir-knight polycounter lvl 10
    might be related to your video card driver... uninstall it with the nvidia's recommended driver clean tool and reinstall it. Don't just install a new driver over top.

could also be motherboard drivers... are you using an nvidia nforce motherboard? Try updating or reverting to an older version.

also did you try and update any motherboard or video drivers through windows update? Don't do that in the future... windows update seems to futz up on those things all the time.
  • System
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Ok, I looked at the first error code;
    http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/index.php?t63287.html
    Seems to be a sata driver error BUT it would be alot more helpful if you explained about the error: when it happens, how quickly etc etc. The majority here are not Microsoft engineers so all these codes are pretty much meaningless to us without a description, annoying too :p

---
    Try booting up in safe mode with networking if you can and do some thorough googling on all the error codes, span multiple forums until you find enough evidence pointing to the same thing.
    ---

As sir-knight says: windows update is a disaster and if the worst comes to the worst and you need to reinstall the o/s (if you haven't done this already) turn off windows update & disable it in services too.
    The only time you will ever need to turn it back on is when you have to update .NET framework, that's it, everything else is crap/garbage/trash. Believe me, I have this o/s too and unknowingly the 1st time after install I updated everything, afterwards the system was fucking crawling like a diseased slug.
  • achmedthesnake
    Offline / Send Message
    achmedthesnake polycounter lvl 17
    BACKUP NOWWWWWWW!

just incase.....