Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Tobii

Hi there.
My name is Tobias Nielsen, i have been modeling for half a year. (Been learning Website coding as well, so there have been a few breaks.)
I'm currently on a 3D college, and wan't to get serious with what i make.
So i decided to make a sketchbook to get critic on what i make..
I will try to make new models on a daily basis, max 3 days between a new model.
I will upload some concept art as well, if i fell like it's worth to share as my drawing skills is more then sucky.

My first upload is this Sci-Fi Door:
Door.jpg
Let me know what you think.

-Tobii

Replies

• Tobii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crowscope.png
    My second model, don't blame my texturing skills cuz i suck big time at that.. ;)

Referance Picture:
    snipercrowbar.jpg
  • etb342
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Tobii,

I'm relatively new myself but I figure I can throw my 2 cents in for you.

Let's see some wireframes of this thing, firstly.

Next thing to say would be that its a pretty generic door. Not that there's anything wrong with generic because it offers practice. You've gone the extra step and branched out with the control panel to offer a clue to functionality. Maybe you could do more of that, showing us the door's purpose. Is it a blast door? Maybe a bulkhead access? Science lab security door? The teeth tell us that its definitely reinforced to keep things out or in.
  • Tobii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    etb342 wrote: »
    Hey Tobii,

I'm relatively new myself but I figure I can throw my 2 cents in for you.

Let's see some wireframes of this thing, firstly.

Next thing to say would be that its a pretty generic door. Not that there's anything wrong with generic because it offers practice. You've gone the extra step and branched out with the control panel to offer a clue to functionality. Maybe you could do more of that, showing us the door's purpose. Is it a blast door? Maybe a bulkhead access? Science lab security door? The teeth tell us that its definitely reinforced to keep things out or in.
    Hey etb342,

I will throw up the wireframe as soon as i can, and edit this post with it..
    And about the door being generic, i can't agree more.. The thing i got going ATM, is just to think of something to make and then start making it..
    For some reason this door came up and i made it..
    The control panel was a pretty nice add, but the problem is that i don't know what kind of details i should add.. I started to make those circles as you see in the top, and the other small details.. There isn't alot, and i think it's to clean.. i need to use up the space like you say, show what kind of door it is..

Thank you for the comment.. i will try to make it better.. ;)
  • JaySmitt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JaySmitt polycounter lvl 13
    Research, research and research. Keep out sticker google anything from vault doors to blast doors. Try not to go too over the top though.
  • Tobii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Robot_legs.jpg
    A WIP robot for a school project, i will update as i get more on it..

@ etb342 - Im not sure about the wireframe render as i can't find any good tut on how to do it.
    If you know any, please let me know so i can post the picture for you. :)

-Tobii
  • roosterMAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    roosterMAP polycounter lvl 14
    thats a good start! cant wait to see more! reminds me of the mechs in that crysis mod.
  • Tobii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    roosterMAP wrote: »
    thats a good start! cant wait to see more! reminds me of the mechs in that crysis mod.
    It indeed does, i made my concept art over one of the mechs, but won't look anything like that when it's done.. im glad you like it.. ;)

-Tobii
  • Tobii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RoundShot.jpg
    So, this is what it endeed up with.. Looks a bit like one of the "mech Warrior" mechs, but meh.. C&C go! :)
  • Tobii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Silo.png
    Low poly model.
    700 Tris.

275px-Nod_TW3_Silo.jpg
    The silo is from Command & Conquer 3
  • Cyrael
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cyrael polycounter lvl 10