Home Technical Talk

Maya Hot Keys

Replies

• Bobby J Rice 3rd
    new gig. The new engine is in Maya and as much as i love XSI, i'd rather just try and mirror key functions of XSI into maya rather than bounce around between programs. But knowing maya as i do, i know maya is an incrediby clunky program in heinsite.
  • j_bradford
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    j_bradford polycounter lvl 17
    crazy i don't know if you're doing more than modeling or not, but it's really not that big of a deal. I work almost exclusively in XSI inside a max based pipeline, the whole bouncing around thing isn't that much of a problem. considering we go between programs like zbrush and topogun already. getting you're work from xsi to maya is a matter of seconds now, i only use max to render and export if you have to do a lot of proprietary engine stuff in maya then i can understand, but you might want to try just using xsi first (if the company allows) before going full on maya.
  • Bobby J Rice 3rd
    You may be right. Would have been nice though to keep the keyboard shortcuts the same. Bouncing between programs would have been easier. But then again, zbrush uses the whole alt nav system and i'm fine with Zbrush.

Thanks. :)
  • Bobby J Rice 3rd
    ok so i did a little more Q and A with a few guys locally and it turns out i am having little to no success because Maya 2010 (what i'm using) is abit different than its previous verisons. That's a little reassuring i suppose. :\