Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Stylized Medieval Character

Here is a stylized character I have been working on more updates soon to come:) C&C would be sweet.
modelsheet.jpgUntitled-2-4.jpg

Replies

• low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    cool character...couple more loops in the helm might help with the shape..
  • AtlusZMH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I agree with low odor, the perfect parallel straight up and down of the helm makes it look uninteresting.. maybe make it bow out or taper on the top or bottom?
  • HeadClot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HeadClot polycounter lvl 9
    For Some reason this reminds me of torchlight, that game is epic.

Back on topic...

Your model Looks epic So far in my opinion.

Keep on doing that thing you do!

Edit: Just noticed the Helm...
    It could use some work.
  • godyd87
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looks really nice
  • Gallows
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gallows polycounter lvl 9
    Reminds me of a tall refined castle crasher.
  • [SF]Three9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    really interesting character you have here, I like it. I do have a few questions and something bothering me though

A) I really feel like he needs shoulders. It's kinda wierd that he has cloth/armor everywhere except his shoulders and upper arms, is there a reason for that?

B)if I'm assuming right, ignore the second sentence in A, but is he kind of a Tribal Knight? The feathers, style of the polearm/spear, and the exposure of skin kinda imply that. Although, the pants almost make him seem like a mage/wizard with the purple color and almost star atmosphere going there
  • TravisAuerbeck
    To answer your questions :)

([SF]Three9): Yeah it is kind of a tribal knight its a mish-mash. the reason for this is so i could add a bunch of stuff for aesthetics and it still make sense:)

(Everyone else): Thanks a bunch for all the C&C I hope you all keep the criticism coming, again I really appreciate it.

Here is a slight update before start working on normals in max and Zbrush. I hadn't really had time today to work on it. I had a nice long day at work with overtime, but there will be some more updates withing the next couple days.

Thanks again all:)

Untitled-1-2.jpg
  • [SF]Three9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wow, it's amazing how much character and depth those gauntlets add. In the previous render his arms looked so out of place and way too skinny (at least in my opinion). Those gauntlets really make the arms fit though. Now the thickness seems appropriate to me, wierd :P
  • Rojo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is a fun design, nice work. The shoulders feel wonky, maybe they're resting too far from the body?