Home General Discussion

MMORPG'S- What would you look for?

Replies

• MattQ86
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MattQ86 polycounter lvl 15
    Good core gameplay is first and foremost. Every MMO is going to have grinding, why, I have no idea. If I'm going to be repetitively doing something for thousands of hours it had better be fun. Far too many MMOs exist where the combat is shallow and it doesn't feel right, it's as Yahtzee of Zero Punctuation put it "a shin kicking competition" where you and another person or an AI enemy take turns trading blows until one of you either runs away or dies.
  • McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15
    Yeah, the grinding could be done fun though, if you at least had to do something that gave you a thrill like real time aiming and fighting, instead of just pressing timed skills and such. I always had a problem with having two characters just standing still in front of each another and exchange hits and 'parry'.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    first 2 people I've seen that actually take interest in grinding!! O.O

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caMsN86ygNE[/ame]

Seriously wont you consider moving just a bit here and there in the map you are playing, while grinding?

This is the worst example I could find. This instance is called Ruina Station, and the character is Mage.

I dont know if anyone have played Cabal Online but there is a mage stun combo one can use on the entire mob, so it was good for grinding. But doing this for hours would be a pain seriously.

Practically if you think about it, Grinding is the worst idea for any MMO RPG, Take WOW for example, it has grinding but also it has other stuff too like storyline, dailies, the quests dont really run out after you hit the high level. Same goes for Guildwars. Guildwars dont have grinding at all but at the same time it is fun to play however the game is planned.
  • Taylor Hood