Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Tactical Sci-Fi Game looking for artist; small demo included

Hello,

We are looking for an artist for our tactical sci-fi game. Currently, our writer has written most of the first(our of around 4) chapter of the story. Each part contains a briefing, drawn map, objectives, a walk-through, and list of available weapons. I have written a demo showing off some of the early features of our shooter, including a smooth movement system and the objectives system, as well as mouse hiding and displaying a reticule. We really need an artist so our level editor can begin working, as well as letting us work on the visual aspect early.

Compensation includes royalties after the project has been completed. The game should be released on as many portals as we can release it on, including Direct2Drive, Steam, Impulse, OnLive, GaiKai, and Windows Live Games on Demand. We may require publishing to do this, and will attempt to find publishing if required after the game is in Beta. We are working on setting up goals and milestones, but we need an artist to complete these steps accurately, since we can't leave one team member not able to do work while he is waiting up for everyone else. We use Google Wave and MSN Messenger for communication. We can invite you to Google Wave if required for document sharing and editing, and MSN Messenger is free and widely used.

Game play:
Cover is vital to defeating the enemies. You should only be out of cover for about 3 seconds when you are in a firefight with enemies. You have to watch out for angles, or the enemies will flank you and take you out, so you should constantly keep moving. You should avoid coming out of the same side of cover to shoot multiple times, as that makes you predictable. Cover can also help you hide, and since you are wearing camouflage, grass fields are a great place to sneak up on an enemy at. Trees should provide cover when in forests, and make manuevering around much easier. Make sure to use the appropriate weapons for the right situation, or you may be wasting valuable ammo. All these things are vital for the player to think about in game play, and affect the way the AI should respond.

The team:
Christian Howe- Programmer (Jedimace1)
Jimmy Granger- Artist (Antifists)
Adam Smith- Writer (Azzy)

Story Summary(straight from the story docs):
You assume control of a special task force soldier in Alpha Team of the Phoenix Division. Throughout the course of the game you complete various missions. In the first chapter of the story, your unit is assisting a military force on enemy territory. The enemy has fortified an island base and intel suggests this is the enemies last main base. After successfully capturing the naval base you complete several tasks that allow the main forces to move in on the main enemy base, which has been dug inside a mountain.

The demo can be downloaded in a Windows executable zip package or a Mac .app zip package. If the demo does not download, please tell me so that I can re-upload the file.

Windows: http://www.sendspace.com/file/apzypy
Mac: http://www.sendspace.com/file/by5a8e

Controls:
WASD- Movement
Left Control- Crouch
Z- Lie down
X- Hide/show mouse
Space- Jump
Left Shift- Run

We can also accept members of the team to work on things other than art, please just contact us. Feel free to respond here or email me at Jedimace1@live.com for information about the game and joining the team. I will edit this post as needed.

EDITS:
-Hints taken out, they have been put in the demo.

-Uploaded a new demo with a Mac and PC version. It better shows off the features.