Home Technical Talk

Weird display error when reinstalling photoshop cs2

Hi guys,

Just had to format my whole hard drive and when I reinstalled PSCS2 I had these weird artifacts when I zoom . they're kinda distracting so I was wondering if anyone here was familiar with the issue. I also had an embedded color profile mismatch warning every time I import an image (fixed that but was just wondering if it was somehow related to my issue).

jaggedshit.jpg

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    I guess you're zooming to an odd multiple? For example 133% instead of 100% or 67% instead of 50%.

Any time it's not an even division (50%, 25%, 12.5% etc) it will have to drop odd amounts of pixels which results in artifacts like you see here.

This is most noticeable on greyscale gradients since you can essentially end up dropping a shade in the gradient every 8 pixels (or however many per block it has to drop in order to zoom to that value).

Does this issue still show up at 50% zoom or 100% zoom? I have a feeling it won't. Are you sure it wasn't like this before your reinstall? AFAIK it's always been an issue and still is even now due to how the zooming works.