Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Sage

Progression project of Jeklynn Square.

The beginning of this was posted in a different thread, but I'ma drop my progress off here for comment/critique.

jsquare_layout1.jpg

jsquare_wallset1.jpg

Still got a lot to work on for this building - I'm going to try and detail it with more roots, ivy, etc.

jsquare_angoras.jpg

Quick fly around
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NCJ_6RuDJM[/ame]

Replies

• Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    Look great.

You should of named your sketchbook thread Sage_d instead of Sage, since I have a thread named Sage here.

Later
  • sage_d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage wrote: »
    Look great.

You should of named your sketchbook thread Sage_d instead of Sage, since I have a thread named Sage here.

Later

Ohh haha - I didn't know there was another Sage active on the forums - but I don't see a thread title edit. :P
  • Lucid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage_d I have to hand it to ya, that first render of the town looks absolutely great. If I may ask, what how many and what resolution textures are you going to be using for the final product? Also, what is your pipeline for creating your normal maps?

Keep up the good work,
    -Lucid
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    don't worry about it, now get back to work. :D
  • sage_d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lucid wrote: »
    Sage_d I have to hand it to ya, that first render of the town looks absolutely great. If I may ask, what how many and what resolution textures are you going to be using for the final product? Also, what is your pipeline for creating your normal maps?

Keep up the good work,
    -Lucid

Each large structure will mostly likely have to have a couple maps from 512x512 to 1024x1024. But, I'm saving texture space where I can (i.e. window frames sharing same model and texture)

I use a combination of ZBrush, Crazybump, and hand-painted height maps. Unfortunately you can't really see the normals in action atm, once I get this into the engine I'll probably post it (but I think I'll finish texturing first.