Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Modular House Stuffs

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Lord McMutton polycounter lvl 17
Never done modular stuff before. It's pretty fun. Working on this stuff for my project. First set is for a small rural village.

modhouse1.jpg
modhouse2.jpg
modhouse3.jpg
modhouse4.jpg

Next step is fixing some holes and such, then texturing.

Replies

• nfrrtycmplx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nfrrtycmplx polycounter lvl 18
    this is great stuff actually. Going to save this thread in my ongoing collection of good shit. The break outs are especially helpful for people who don't know how to build for modularity. Keep going!

It would also be nice for some folks if you wrote up a quick post describing the pieces and why you made some of the decisions you made with their dimensions. Cheers!
  • Ben Apuna
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yep cool stuff. I like where you're going with this.

Maybe add a foundation set into the mix unless you plan to do that with texture.
  • ngs616
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I agree with these guys this is a nice set and showing the modular pieces can really help break down the scene for people. I've been loving to see modular pieces lately since they are so useful in UE3.
  • nfrrtycmplx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    they're useful in general really. Any engine that uses instancing, or even those odd-balls that don't. Modularity is a good way to not only save resources, but it cuts down on production time tremendously!

I can't think of a game engine that doesn't support modularity at the moment :). We even used it in RFG... and all those buildings were destructible. Didn't use it as much as we should/could have, but nonetheless it was supported.
  • nfrrtycmplx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    any updates on this? Are you going to texture them and build a little town? or what? :)