Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP-Aspros District

ok so I'm finally putting some stuff together within the UDK, for an environment I've been working on, this is really early in the cycle, barely any textures, and what has been texured is probably just placeholder. With just preview lighting so far.

The concept for this environment can be found here:

http://max-murphy.com/aspros_gallery.html

and now down to what I have so far within the engine.

1_by_AlbinoGoldfish.jpg

2_by_AlbinoGoldfish.jpg

3_by_AlbinoGoldfish.jpg

ok so here are a few angles, theres another view that i'll be working on once I get this really grounded with some textures, which will be from a much higher elevation. Again its really early in the process and LOTS of texture/Lighting/Skybox assests will be changed, along with adding a few more assets to make this place look a little more lived in. I hope I can atleast impress myself with this one!

Replies

• LlamaJuice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LlamaJuice polycounter lvl 11
    Nice! I'm looking forward to following this thread :P.

The only thing I can really say at this time doesn't have anything to do with your art itself, but rather your screenshots. If you open the console and type showhud it'll get rid of the hud for you so that you'll get cleaner screenshots. Also, if you hold Alt while hitting print screen it'll capture only the active window.

Is that website you linked to yours? AKA did you make those references and such? 'cause I'm really diggin the style and hope you stay true to it throughout :P
  • albino_goldfish
    Thanks for the tip, I totally forgot about the console command for that. And yea the website is mine, this will hopefully be my newest edition to my portfolio!
  • LlamaJuice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LlamaJuice polycounter lvl 11
    Don't forget about the commands to change resolution :3 You can get a lot bigger screen grabs or even *gasp* widescreen ones! haha

At any rate, nice work sir, keep at it and keep posting! :D