Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Iceman

There is a contest at my school to make a megaman boss in your own idea/concept of them. I choose Iceman. And here is my version of him. I'm at a point where I don't know what to add/subtract/change/fix. I was wondering what you think. I'm still working on some parts here and there. Also this is my first real character. I'm an environment artist, hence the more mechanical parts.

poly-limit is 10k
1x 2k map you can have spec NP etc..

Untitled4-2.jpg

Replies

• wisebrownmonkey
    well the pics turned out really small, here are some bigger pictures
    Untitled-3trtt.jpg
    443.jpg
  • CNecron518a
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good work Gary, I would post up your references, so your diffuse, normal and spec. This may help people critique better if they know your source.

On the gun arm for the Iceman you may want to tone down the bluish/red colors. I don't think they really mend that well with the overall colors of the gun. The main thing I am noticing is that even though this guy is mechanical, the hands look really wonky, as in they don't look real, even for a robot's hands. I would check anatomy of a human hand and try to go more towards that.. this guy already has human qualities to him so it may only increase the strength if you do this.

Watch out for the cotton candy stuff on his hands for the wires. Maybe make them more de-saturated as well. Perhaps, red, blue and yellow only. Too many colors= a candy land look.

Also go back and study cloth and how the folds are, so that you can incorporate that more into your np. Right now, it does not seem to be reading as best as you can make it. Also go back and look some more at your feather frills around the hoodie, arms and kilt. I think perhaps they aren't hitting just yet what they are supposed to look like. This may lie in your actual diffuse/alpha and you may want to tweak this around some more.
  • wisebrownmonkey
    k i just realized i read the contest rules wrong. The texture map size has to be 1024's. SO here are some pics of the 1k version
    4-2.jpg3-3.jpg
  • wisebrownmonkey
    I also fixed the wires with by making the wires a more cooler color. Also added more details. 2-4.jpg1-4.jpg
  • wisebrownmonkey
    here are my normal maps, spec, and diffuse
    6-3.jpg
    7-2.jpg5-2.jpg