Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Cryengine Character Project WIP

Here's the character I've been working on for the past weekish, big thanks to Vig and Bbob and eveyone else that helped me in the tech forum with the couple of issues i was having.

The helm is pretty much done, and the chest and back are pretty much done too (with the exception of the waist area), and the rest is just blocked out.

Haven't really finalized what im going to do with the arms regarding his shoulder and forearm armor, and there are definitely small details that will be added in the 3d.

Anyway its my first character so feel free to critique anatomy etc.

PCcolagerefs_fullbody.jpg

PCcollageWIP1.jpg

Replies

• Willburforce
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    has he activated the nano-suit to be "dolphin mode?"

I like it. I like as is.

But i also think the hands may need a little more love.

edit.. btw... the suit armour looks cool so far but get it closer to the concept... concept is more angled with the black panels
  • butt_sahib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    butt_sahib polycounter lvl 11
    Looking great.
    Though i would smooth out some chamfers(hard edges) on the chest plate as it seems they were'nt planned and you just chamfered them just for the heck of it.
    Go and check out Sathe's Ironman (esp. his wires) to see how to transition between hard angles
  • Hitez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Assuming that everyone has the same proportions of course...?
  • Dippndots
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the replies guys

@ Willburforce - Yeah the hands dont even have thumbs yet lol, thanks for pointing out the back thing i didnt even notice it, I spent too much time looking at the details and not the big picture.

@ Sahib - Yeah sathe's stuff is pretty awesome, thanks for pointing his stuff out to me, and it gave me a whole new way of making corners, which was the culprit of the of chest smoothing issues.

@ DKK - Thanks for putting the time in to make and overlay for me, definitely agree his torso seems to have gotten just a little too long as well, ill make the changes today.

@ Hitez - everyone has to be the same, can't have uniqueness here lol

I'm going to go and add a bunch of detail to the chest and back, as I felt it looked to simple compared to the detail I put on the head.

I'll keep you guys posted